Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! It has been a while since We've been on! A lot has happened since then! We have added a new family member as of October 9th, we became the new pet parents of Blizzard Louise A Beagle/Basset mix. And the little girl has been through a lot already! She was just spayed 3 weeks ago...she was in her first heat when we brought her home...and let me tell you that was HELL! Hopefully I can get some pics of her and Snick on here.
I do have somewhat of an issue...and it has to do mainly with Snickers...does anyone else have the problem of a VERY vocal Basset when it comes to playtime? They like to wrestle a lot, but it sounds like sometimes Snickers wants to bite Blizzy's head off. Is it a jealousy issue? I doubt myself a lot ....maybe I'm just jumping the gun...but I think that they would be used to each other by now! And the "vocalness" would decist! Any advice??????
Stay tuned for pics...and Happy New Year!
Love and kisses from Snickers and Blizzard!

·
Registered
761 Posts
Virga is very vocal when she and Doppler play as well! She barks and groans and growls. We fuss at her when she gets too loud but we generally just let her carry on. Doppler doesn't make hardly a peep though.

·
Registered
183 Posts
LOL, you'd think there was a mass murder going on when my two go at it! :D Hazley has a very deep voice, so listening to her growl and carry on with Midge is hysterical! I don't think you have to worry about the noise.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I agree, Woofus is VERY vocal when he plays. To the point when we're at dog park I have to assure other owners that he's only playing. :)

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Boomer is another one that is vocal when playing. You would think he was being murdered or vice versa. It's quite funny.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, that makes me feel better...just another funny Basset trait I guess! Now the funny thing is, Blizzard is starting to show her Basset side too...I often catch them having conversations with each other, and then BOOM it's a full blown wrestling match! It's almost like they're talking smack to each other!

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Congratulations on your newest addition...very cute! Molly isn't a vocal dog except at playtime. Then the play growl and barking come out. Though she also barks at the vacuum, but again that is a play thing. She waits by the closet door when I am straightening up, in hope that I break out the vacuum so she can show it who is boss. Quite entertaining.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, sorry I didn't write much more to my response last night...Snickers was whining to go potty. It has been a roller coaster ride, but well worth it! They do love each other immensely...when Bliz got spayed, Snick moped around the house crying like I never heard her cry before! Broke my heart! Right now there is a game of tug going on, so I better go supervise...crazy kids!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts