Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another quick question: Fred (8 months) often eats bits of grass on our walks. He doesn’t seem to have a tummy ache and does’t have to vomit afterwards. Is this a bad thing? I tried to stop him numerous times, but he’s quick as a flash when he has something in his mouth…

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Another quick question: Fred (8 months) often eats bits of grass on our walks. He doesn’t seem to have a tummy ache and does’t have to vomit afterwards. Is this a bad thing? I tried to stop him numerous times, but he’s quick as a flash when he has something in his mouth…
If their tummy feels a bit upset, they will tug at grass. And they don;'t always vomit. Ours would do this with the new grass after a snow-covered winter. And they didn't vomit. However, as he's doing this when out on walks I'd be careful because people (townships/councils ) use chemicals to keep weeds down and don't always post such use. I'd also keep him away from road verges because of vehicle polution. Try to prevent, rather than stop, if you can. :p

·
Registered
13,205 Posts
eat grass is a normal canid activity. They are not strict carnivores

"I'd be careful because people (townships/councils ) use chemicals to keep weeds down " Herbicides tend to be more harmful to pets than pesticides which are generally designed to not harm mammals,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts