Basset Hounds Forum banner

Gracie's first camping trip!

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Wworm 
#1 ·
Ok so this past weekend we took Gracie on her very first camping trip! And you know what? I did all that worrying for nothing! It was great! I dont think she liked it very much. She kind of had this attitude like,"ok, so where's the couch?" And she was VERY happy when we got home. Lots of tail wagging. She did like to dig in the sand though. And there were ppl around who gave her lots of attention. But mostly it went so well because I didnt expect her to be that well behaved! She was a very good girl. The people in the campsite next to us couldnt believe it. I was a very proud mama. The only problem we had was that she didnt want to sleep on the ground. Sunbathe, yes. Sleeping, no. When she was tired she would start whining. So we started putting her in our camp chairs and she went right to sleep.(She is sooo spoiled! what are we gonna do with her?!) Anyway I posted pics in the album on my profile. So you can check those out if ya wanna. :D

#3 ·
The basset way, creating a false sense of security so they can get away with more once they know the landscape.
lol. We have yet to learn that one. Most of the compliments came from her being so good with kids. Theirs and ours. And really friendly with visitors walking up to the camp to talk to our neighbors. And I was really impressed that she didnt whine and cry because we tied her to a tree in the middle of camp. With all her whining at home when we leave her I thought she would whine and cry the whole time. I was really dreading that. But, she was friendly and sweet. And only whined when the water bowl was empty or she was tired. It was AWESOME! I really hope this wasnt just because it was a new experience and she was feeling shy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.