Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We picked up the two dogs yesterday...nice 9 hour ride there and back. The dogs Bopper (male 17-month) and Pencil (female 16-month) traveled great! I can't believe how calm they are.

The did well meeting the 3 kids last night, the dogs espcially Pencil, are still a little nervous so we have the crates set up for them to retreat too. So far no altercations with the cat...they pretty much ignored each other. So far so good!

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Aww...welcome home Bopper and Pencil! =)

~Heather

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Those are the names they came with...we are toying with renaming. Both have much longer registration names. The breeder told me he called her Pencil because of the long thin white stripe on her face. Not sure how he came up with Bopper...but it's kinda catchy.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Those are the names they came with...we are toying with renaming. Both have much longer registration names. The breeder told me he called her Pencil because of the long thin white stripe on her face. Not sure how he came up with Bopper...but it's kinda catchy.
Bopper does seem more suitable for a hound than Pencil and as you have just got them it's very easy to change their name/s and we have done it with all but two of our rehomed bassets over the years, especially easy at feed time or when out walking to change a name as you can keep saying it as you walk along and maybe give a small treat and after a few weeks when you call them by their old name they take no notice!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts