Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finished training with my pet therapy organization last night to do pre-assessments and on site evaluations of pet therapy teams- I've been pushing to finish because we've been overwhelmed with new applications- 25 in the last month! Our organization has so many requests from schools, rehabs, juvenile facilities, etc. that we just can't fill them right now-

Since I'm free for the summer, I'm hoping to be able to work with alot of teams to get them registered and matched with organizations that need their help-

I'll love doing this!

·
Super Moderator
5,042 Posts
Congratulations!!!! :)

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Congratulations! That is something I've always wanted to do. Lightning would be a great candidate now that he's "grown up". Unfortunately, I never seem to have the time. But I sure do appreciate the people and the dogs who do. It must be so gratifying. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
That's awesome. I've wanted to do that with my boy Gibbs, but simply don't have the time.

~Heather

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
That's exciting--congratulations!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Good for you and congratulations! Take care, Belinda

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
That's great news!!! What a wonderful way to be spending your time. Hope you can fill all those requests and all the new ones that will be coming in.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
That is really great. Do you have any links you could send me for similar organizations in the Dallas, TX area? I have a friend with a German Sheppard that is interested in participating.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That is really great. Do you have any links you could send me for similar organizations in the Dallas, TX area? I have a friend with a German Sheppard that is interested in participating.[/b]
http://www.deltasociety.org/Page.aspx?pid=259 Here is the link for Delta Society

http://www.tdi-dog.org/ Here is the link for Therapy Dogs International

If your friend calls the volunteer co ordinator at nursing homes and hospitals around her local area, she can find out which organization is active near her home- that will make training and assessments easier. Both sites I linked to have phone numbers, so she can also call the national organizations to see if anyone is active locally.

Some facilities will allow non-registered people and dogs to visit, but I don't recommend doing that- when you're registered with an organization, you're insured in case there is an incident.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts