Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My boyfriend and I broke up on Sunday. We've been arguing for weeks about nothing really. He's been working night and I've been lonely and when I finally did get to see him we'd argue over nothing.

It was the hardest decision of my life so far to leave and a huge part of that was to leaving my beauitful Snoopy behind. Snoopy had always been 'his' dog just because he paid the £750 for her. I have done everything for her for 18 months and am totally lost without her. I believe she is the same at the moment.

I miss listning out at 4am listening to her wander around the kitchen looking for somewhere to pee and me racing down the stairs to let her out.
I miss her shedding all over my lovely black work trousers.
I miss her smell on my hands when i get to work or go out for a while.
I miss the annoying barking at 10pm in the back garden.
I even miss having my socks stollen everytime I take them off!

We are planning on staying friends and me having Snoops whenever I like. So when my heart has healed a little I will be talking her out and about and having fun days with her again.

I'll still watch this board every now and then to see how you are all getting on.

Take care

Clare x

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I'm very sorry for you. Maybe your ex won't be as tolerant of the stock stealing and will give Snoopy back to you. In the meantime, you don't HAVE to have a basset to chat here, so don't be a stranger!

·
Registered
16 Posts
You don't have to go! Take me for example, I just joined this site and I don't have a basset, but I still post every now and then. I grew up with a basset and I'm finally old enough to get my own. Unfortunately I have to wait until august to get my puppy, because thats when I'm movin into my new place.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Do keep in touch!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Clare,

I know it's hard breaking up with a boyfriend and even harder to let go of a dog you loved so much. I hope that you when you come back to the visit our posts will make you smile. I wish you the best.

Arlene & Snoopy (from Boston, US)

·
Registered
289 Posts
Why don't you get your own basset?

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Sorry to hear this. At least you will get to visit Snoopy. I know this isn't the same as always having her there, but its better than nothing at all. But like someone else said maybe your lucky stars will align and the ex will decide that Snoopy is too much for him and let you have her. Have you thought about buying her from him? (Not that you should have to since you did everything for her). Stick around and hopefully things will work out.

~Heather

·
Registered
225 Posts
You're still welcome here. With or without a basset.

If his name is in the contract, well then it is his dog. Perhaps you could buy
it from him - just remember to get it in writing. At least Snoopy will be with
someone that will treat her nice and that she knows. I hope you and your
boyfriend remain friends so that you get to see her.

·
Registered
119 Posts
don't leave the site you never know how things will work out we've all enjoyed your many posts I'm sure

1 - 13 of 13 Posts