Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tomorrow Noonie and Buddy's "sister" Clover the rabbit is going in for surgery. They found a mass in her stomach on the X-ray, but couldn't tell what it was. It may be something as minor as a hairball causing the obstruction or some kind of cyst or worse yet cancer. :( Hopefully we caught it in time. So if you could think some good thoughts for little Clover I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
Get well soon, Clover. :)

·
Registered
782 Posts
Lots of luck to Clover. My brother's rabbit had the same surgery and good old Flopsy lived for another 4 years. SHe had a huge ball of rubber in her belly and she recuperated well. We'll be thinking of you!!

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It was a long day, but it turned out okay in the end. Once they opened Clover up they saw that her uterous was just eaten up with cancer. Luckily it had not spread anywhere else. Poor little girl ended up with a hysterectomy. She is presently resting quietly in her cage. She certainly looks pitiful with her shaved belly and 3 in incision. I expect she'll be back to normal in a few days. Here is a picture of Clover (brown bunny) and Toby.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Glad to hear they found what was wrong. Best wishes to Clover for a speedy recovery- she looks like such a gentle girl.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Clover is very cute. Hope she's felling well soon.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Clover looks a lot like my rabbit Missy, and the little lop is like Benjamin. About 2 years ago, Missy had a blockage and I took her to the vet and it turned out to be a hairball. He gave me "hairball" medicine, and hydrated her with intravenous as I held her. I also had to feed her baby food with a plunger. She totally recovered and is fine. Will keep her in my thoughts.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Clover is much better tonight. She's almost acting as though yesterday didn't even happen. She was very good for the anti-inflamatory I gave her earlier this evening. She just lay back and let me stick the syringe in her little mouth. The main thing now is to make sure she doesn't have problems with her incision. Unfortunately, that means her and Toby won't be able to play for a while. Knowing them they'll find lots of mischief to get into once they're together again. :rolleyes:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts