Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, Quigley has finally crossed the bridge today. We went on a 2 day vacation and left him at the hospital (which we've done a couple of times over the past couple of years). 10 minutes before we got home we got the call he wasn't doing good at all today. I was able to go and see him, and I could tell he was in bad shape. Low blood pressure and low temp. They said his kidneys were probably shutting down, and he had an infection again.
I was able to stay with him before they helped him cross and was able to stay with him during the procedure which I am glad I was able to do.
He is already missed greatly and I feel a large hole which I know time will help heal.
Thank you all for your posts and well wishes. I wish you all the best with your Bassets.

Take care,

Steve

A

·
0 Posts
I am very sorry to hear about Quigley.There was a quote someone sent me when Toby died this summer, about every little soul being a thread in the quilt of life My heart goes out to you at this time

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I'm very sorry. You were worried that this time would come soon. As a final gift, it sounds as if he took the decision about what to do out of your hands. My thoughts are with you. He must have been very much loved.

A

·
0 Posts
I am terribly sorry to hear of your loss and I hope you are not too heartbroken, it sounds like he was a much loved and cared for pet who knew his time was over. Our thoughts are with you.
Arlene and OPus.

·
Registered
987 Posts
oh I am so sorry for your loss! I have been there myself and I know some of what you are feeling.
Prayers and drool to you today.

T

·
0 Posts
Glad you were able to stay with Quigley as he started his journey to the Bridge. When I did this with my Peaches years ago, I found it very gratifying that she wasn't alone in her last moments. Sweet dreams, Quigley.

Janet 'n Twink.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you everyone. It's been a rough day walking around the house and not seeing him. 14 1/2 years is a long time and he is missed dearly. All your words mean a lot. You are all lucky as was I to be loved by a basset.

Best to all of you and thank you again.

Steve

M

·
0 Posts
Steve:

I am so sorry for your loss. I just read this post. I know how it is to have a senior hound and see them decline. Mine just turned 15 and it seems like every week she slows down a little more. Now, he is at peace with no pain.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts