Discussion Starter #1
Emma has had a benign tumour on her tail root for a while, but suddenly
it became infected and she had to get antibiotics for a week, before we
could have it removed.
We also treated her eyes for infection and she has a wound after a Doris
attack on her ear, which also is infected. When it rains, it pours.... :(

Oh, I'm in such a terrible pain:

And look at my sour butt:

And I'm on a diet too, since the vet accused me for being 20 lbs overweight!

--------------------
<span style="color:#009900">The one that drools rules, :p
Steinar - daddy and foodslave to Emma and Doris!

http://www.basset-hound.net.tf</span>

--------------------
<span style="color:#009900">The one that drools rules, :p
Steinar - daddy and foodslave to Emma and Doris!

http://www.basset-hound.net.tf</span>

·
Registered
714 Posts
Emma, you get better as fast as possible!

Dudley and Minnie are slinging healing drool across the ocean, quicker than this topic will be moved by a mod to the Health forum! :lol:

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Lots of drool from sweet Emma -hope all her owies heal up very quickly!

I also hope that she won't have to miss any of orienteering season! It wouldn't be the same without her.

Good luck with her dieting!

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
:( Oh, poor Emma!! :( Having surgery and stitches is no fun, as Bogie knows very well. Get well quickly, Emma, and Bogie is slinging lots of healing drool acoss the big pond for you.
Boy, Emma, you got the double whammy, surgery and a diet, too! You will be a mere shadow of the Emma we know when you loose 20 pounds. Steinar, keep us posted on how she is doing, and tell Doris that she shoud be ashamed for attacking poor Emma's ears. (Did Emma do something to Doris or was this just a sisterly spat?)

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Emma is a big girl but shouldn't be more than 66, now she's 88 lbs.
It started with her hysterectomy last summer, ruining much of the
orienteering season. Then we had a lot of snow during winter, making
it difficult to walk much, then she got this infection - just after we start
walking.

Doris has decided she's the boss, and attacks Emma if she acts in a way
she don't like. Emma is bigger, stronger and younger - and will always
win. The problem is that Doris fights dirty and will try to puncture Emma's
ears.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Oh Ms. Emma!!!!!! You sweet precious girl! I hope you are feeling better soon. I must admit shedding a few pounds would probably be a good idea. I weigh my kids about once a month. Rusty had gained a couple more pounds than I liked. I cut his portions down and weighed him yesterday. He lost almost 2 pounds. It really does show. I give them each a carrot for lunch everyday. Not fattening, inexpensive, healthy treat! Plus it addes some fiber to their stool :rolleyes:

I think Emma should come to recope in sunny Florida. That would make her feel all better!!!

Sending much love to Emma. I think Doris needs a good talking too :angry: She needs to know that she isn't the boss or Doris, it should be you :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Get well soon!!!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Poor Emma!!! Jackie sends lots of healing drool and diet drool her way!!! 20lbs is a lot...but I'm sure between orienteering and some more carrots, Emma will be at her fighting weight in no time. :p

·
Registered
662 Posts
Talk about insult to injury ... a diet on top of everything else!

Well I'm more of a dog person myself, but Mocha and Beldin agree with one particular fat orange cat (Garfield) when he said: "Diet is just DIE with a 'T'!"

**hehe**

Get better soon!

L

·
0 Posts
emma good news your growth was begnin. :) Feel better real soon so we can see more of your star quality pics. Steinar: How big was the growth? That is a big area they cut on her tail ! :eek: Tummy Boy's Mom.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Poor Emma! I will no longer laugh at your sour expressions--you've earned them. Boo hiss to Doris for fighting with you. No disrespect to Doris, but you are so imminently supreme! She should know and respect that. I hope you're feeling better very soon.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Poor Emma! Francis and I know just what she's going through. We both started on a diet this week. Francis weighs 72.5 pounds and he needs to get down to 60 so no more cookies for a while and he hates vegetables so it's going to be one long, hot summer.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts