Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have real good news to share. Drum roll please..................... :lol:

Yesterday we saw Ruby do the basset 500! She hasn't done this in a very, very long time because of her hip/back legs arthritis.

We were outside and Ruby's daddy and I started throwing the tennis ball to each other. Ruby was sooooo jealous that we didn't drop it and she was barking! I kicked the ball, it bounced over Ruby's head, we were laughing and she started chasing the ball. She's so cute when she's around this ball, she starts acting like she's playing soccer. She'll bat it with her paw and gets soooooo excited when it rolls away.

Well, all of a sudden she went bezerk, had that crazed look on her face and starting running all over the patio and around the table and chairs (where we were sitting at this point). Finally, she stopped and barked at her daddy! Turns out that the tennis ball was under the table and the way that the chairs were, she couldn't get under there to get it.

The ball was kicked out from under the table and she ran all over the yard, then back to where I was sitting. Her back end sort of gave way, but she wasn't crying. I got her all settled down and then she feel asleep. I thougth she wouldn't be able to walk today but she's no stiffer than normal.

But I had to share that Ruby still has the basset 500 in her!

Janice and Ruby ("of course I have it in me....I was just waiting for the best time.")

·
Registered
219 Posts
Awesome! You go Ruby!!! I love the basset 500, there is nothing else like a wild 40-60pound dog going CRAZY all over the house or yard. :p

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Way to go, Ruby!!!! Aren't they fun to watch when they get that crazy look in their eyes and take off. Just don't tear your ACL like Bogie did doing the "Basset 500".

·
Registered
494 Posts
All we have to say in our house is "Shyla's gone crazy" and she starts doing the 500. My kids and husband just really egg her on and I am just waiting for her to have a heart attack. Especially at the end of the run when she throws herself at the couch (sometimes making it up and sometimes just body slamming herself half way up!).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts