Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening all you beautiful Bassets and humans! My name is Bailey, and I am a Basset Hound who lives in Maine with my mommy Natalie. Mommy, er I mean I thought this site looked pretty cool and informative, so I decided to make mommy join! This is a picture of me on the right, and my buddy Fred on the left.

I am usually well behaved, and love to play outside and take walks at the university and dogpark. However, true to my breed, I am a shoe lover at heart. Every chance I get I chew shoes. I LOVE new ones! Well, mommy is gone all this week on bizniz and my cuzzin is watching me. Apparently mommy did not warn her about my shoe cravings, or cuzzin forgot, because when I went out on the porch to greet her this morning, it was at that moment that I spotted these tasty morsels. New Sneakers! Yummy Yummy New Nike Flavored Chew Toys! OH BOY!!!!!!!!!!

So I have been nibbling on them all day, and let me tell ya what, they are deeeelish!! They are sooo chewy and squishy to sink my teefers into and all that leather just melts in your mouth. MMMMmmmmm! Well, I finally got my big moment when cuzzin was sittting in the libbingroom earlier and fell asleep. I couldn't help myself and started chewing. As you can see, I only got to chew on one sneaker before she woke up :(

Well, I have a plan. I will share. I will chew on the left nike for the next couple of days. If any of you dogs wanna be my friend, I will let you come over to my house and you can chew on the right new nike, how does that sound!!!????? I wouldn't steer all you dogs wrong, that you are gonna LOVE the taste of that new sneaker!!!!!! It was nice joining, and hope to be chewing with some of you soon!!! Let me know

Bailey

·
Registered
633 Posts
I too made the mistake of leaving my slippers and flip flops out barney really enjoyed them.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
A basset hound can teach a person to keep cherished possession well out of reach in record time. Mothers all over the world should watch and learn. Welcome handsome Bailey (and Fred)!

·
Registered
12,990 Posts
will chew on the left nike for the next couple of days. If any of you dogs wanna be my friend, I will let you come over to my house and you can chew on the right new nike, how does that sound!!!?????
I though every basset new the left shoe is for chewing and the right one for pooping in.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Welcome to the forums! My basset boy, Boomer, LOVES flip flops and soft rubber shoes like Crocs.

Boomer sez: Momma won't let me travel to Maine by myself, darn it. I would like to chew on a brand-new Nike, oh yes I would!

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I was spoiled by Sadie & Spencer. They never chewed on shoes & not much of anything else that wasn't theirs either. Clifford on the other hand, LOVES shoes. Even after nearly 3 months of having him, I still have not learned my lesson. Today I found one of my shoes in my bed with him. Luckily, he hasn't destroyed any yet. He seems to just like stealing them & running. I thinks he gets a kick out of me coming after him. He's probably thinking, "Stupid human STILL leaves her shoes on the floor." :p

·
Registered
184 Posts
I am jealous-flash does more damage than that to shoes :( And crocs do NOT stand a chance with that evil lil pup lol. But he is cute so I always get over it (after mentally yelling at myself for leaving them out where he can reach!)

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Because I'm so slow to learn, my shoes have a way of hiding in my backyard, via the dog door. So far, he just covers them with dirt....not actually burying them. His real fetish though are socks....big, little, clean or dirty...how he loves socks....and these he buries...real treasures evidently.:confused:

·
Registered
184 Posts
Because I'm so slow to learn, my shoes have a way of hiding in my backyard, via the dog door. So far, he just covers them with dirt....not actually burying them. His real fetish though are socks....big, little, clean or dirty...how he loves socks....and these he buries...real treasures evidently.:confused:
What is it about socks? I thought he liked the stinky ones-until I had a clean basket full of socks on my couch yesterday. Key word being HAD-he apparently thought I had too much time on my hands and needed to re-sort all of them, grrrrrr!

·
Registered
761 Posts
Welcome Bailey and Fred! Luckily neither of mine are big shoe chewers. Doppler, when he picks something up he's not sure he can have he'll slowly walk around the house with it in his mouth I guess to give us enough time to take it from him before he settles down to destroy it. But Virga, when she was younger, chewed almost completely through the strap of my Reef sandals and DESTROYED a pair of my Old Navy flip flops. Luckily the Old Navy flip flops are cheap and the next time I went I got two pairs on sale. So it all worked out! I'm looking forward to hearing more about Bailey and Fred's adventures!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts