Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just gotta say goodbye to everyone here. I want to thank you all for your wonderful advice I got when Tucker was younger. I feel I have to move on now though. I am finding I tend to disagree with a lot of issues that are brought up here and I don't feel I can contribute constructively anymore. I work in the vet industry and see alot things differently than most pet owners out there.
It's a wonderful forum for most people just not for me. I wish you all and all your houndies the best.
Again, thanks.
Bonnie

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Sorry that you feel the need to leave Cyberhound, Bonnie. I don't always agree but it would be a pretty boring forum if we all thought the same way. I certainly appreciated having a viewpoint from someone in the veterinary field.

Feel free to drop by should you ever be in the area. ;)

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I am agree with Barbara.
We cannot all be the same, different opinions make this world keep going.
I don't always have the same opinion with the members, but hey....I enjoyed every posting.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
We'll miss you Bonnie. I you & Tucker both have wonderful times together and maybe you'll stop by to post at another time.

Good luck!

A

·
0 Posts
Sorry to see you go, Bonnie. It was nice having a person with your background and knowledge on the forum. You will be missed.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I disagree with alot of issues on this site also, but different views keep it interesting. Don't bail on us, just take a break. Speedster. :cool:

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I think the one thing we all agree on is, we love our basset hounds, and enjoy this site, most of the time it's just a lot of fun.

My dad always said, "I don't agree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it!" Not sure who he was quoting, but he really said that a lot when I was a teenager :roll:

Sad to see you go, come back anytime....

Sandy and Bo

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
I'm sorry you feel that way. Differing points of view sometimes help us to see something in a whole different way. They also help us to see different sides of an issue. It's a healthy way to exchange thoughts, ideas, experiences, and knowledge, as long as we don't get abusive in our comments.

Imagine how boring life would be if we were all alike in every way!

Terry

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
I've been a member of several other basset boards, but keep coming back to CyberHound. One reason is that the moderators do a good job and keep the topics to bassets. Another reason is that I doubt you'll ever find more knowledge about bassets somewhere else, and that's very important, especially for those new owners. Like many others here, I also try to contribute when a question is asked.

If you don't like some of the topics, just skip them. Nobody forces you to read everything here, you should rather post new topics about those things you prefer in stead. It's up to each member to influence on what the board should look like, by contributing.

PS: Sandy - it's a quote from Voltaire:

"I do not agree with a word you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire

·
Registered
905 Posts
Sorry you feel you have to leave Bonnie. Just wish(coming from your background) you felt free to post your difference of opinion, as it would be a help to others like myself, who don't have your knowledge.

Got to also agree with Steinar.Ninety-nine percent of what I know about Bassets, I have learned on this forum. It has been an education to me, and Toby is the one who has gained by it. I owe this in no small part to the moderators Betsy and Barbara,whose first priority appears to be the health and welfare of these beautiful hounds,rather than popularity.

·
Registered
26 Posts
i try to not read too much into anything i read. i come here primairaly for the awesome hound pics.. please reconsider staying and take this place for what it truly is.. a place to share fun times with your hounds! :)

·
Registered
319 Posts
I guess I really don't understand people sometimes, that's why we have our best friends. These best friends depend on us for everything; food, health care, grooming, but most of all love and compnaionship. That is the one gloriuos thing that we all have in common on this forum. If our furry friends weren't our number one priority we WOULD NOT be here. So how can you fault us for caring for our kids so selflessly? Here on Cyberhound, we offer OPINIONS, everyone here knows that their vet is where the actual diagnosing and treatment come from. I do not usually post, I just read and enjoy, but this thread was a little close to a nerve for me.

[ March 13, 2006, 01:27 PM: Message edited by: Barbara Winters ]

·
Registered
714 Posts
I belong to other hobby forums, and sometimes find I need to take a break from them. I'll go away for a few weeks, or even a few months, then go back. I find this to be a very good comprimise.

H

·
0 Posts
I guess in my case, I don't always LIKE the advice I'm given! I have a very difficult Basset I admit, but I love him to pieces and am determined to turn things around. I've been advised at times to find another home for him, but I know I couldn't do it. I may not always have something to say, but I read the posts regularly so I can learn. Every now and then someone posts with a similar problem to one I'm having with Homer and I really learn a lot by reading a variety of opinions and advice. Hope you decide to stay with us.

Judy

1 - 19 of 19 Posts