Basset Hounds Forum banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Has little Hank had surgery yet? How has he adjusted to being blind?
He bumps into things every now and then, but he's gotten used to the placement of the house so I don't have to worry about him bumping into things that much.
No surgery yet, but have one scheduled for this wednesday!
A lady my mother knows recommended us to her veterinarian and we went for a visit there today. The doctor is very nice :) Hank got 3 shots him today and is sleeping at home right now.

He'll be neutered and enucleated during the surgury, all for $600-800.
I'm very pleased with the service and the price! both ends for a reasonable payment. Hehe

·
Registered
767 Posts
Poor Hank, all that at the same time. Good luck Hank and hope you get lots of treats. You deserve them.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Poor little guy, he shouldn't have to go threw this and nether should you. I hope you get something done with that breeder but probably not much you can do. Thank goodness Hank has someone like you that will do all this for him.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Thank you for being so willing to take care of Hank even after finding how much he'll be costing you straight off the bat. And poor Hank for having to go through losing his testicles and eyes all in one day. At least he's blind already so it won't be too much of a change for him. Good luck with everything though! Sending healing drool your way!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 · (Edited)
healing drool is working:p

Aw! thank y'all for the puppy love and posts! The vet called earlier and said Hank's operation went well. I'll pick him up some time tomorrow. I have butterflies in my stomach.. as strange as this sounds, I am so used to Hank's big, bulgy eyes, that I thought they were cute in their own creepy/scary sort of way. I'm glad he'll be feeling better after he heels though :)

I love my pup! can't wait to see how my sweetheart-basset brain, banana boy is doing.
pre-op pictures from the night before. More will be up by tomorrow!

Attachments

·
Registered
517 Posts
Yea!!! So happy to hear Hank is doing well. He will be back to his old self before you know it minus the pain! He has been thru a lot in his wee little life and things should be all up hill from here. Lots of slobbery kisses and Arrooos from Paisley and her Mom

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
I’m so sorry little Hank - I just wanted to let you know you and your little guy is in our prayers.

Jen~

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Y'all are so kind! Healing drool is working

The stitches on his left eye were bleeding quite a bit yesterday. No bleeding today! No nose bleeding either! He's been doing really good. We have a scheduled check up this monday and he gets his stitches out on August 1st.
He doesn't seem to mind his neutering stitches. I haven't seen him try to bite or lick down "there" at all.

But he has been bumping into a lot of things. whenever we go outside and he tries to sniff the ground, his E collar digs into the dirt and it gets all over him lol. He's such a cutie

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,042 Posts
Ginger just figured out how to pull it off.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
That is so pathetic,poor boy.I can tell you guys what I would like to do to someone who breeds puppies like this.Thank God you saved him.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Oh Hank, I know you needed the surgery, but I have to admit, the pictures were still a bit startling and brought tears to my eyes. I'm so glad you have a momma that loves you so very much.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I agree, Hank is one lucky boy, and I to would like to do very bad things to his breeder. And if he doesn't stop breeding when he knows this has happened I'll be praying for very baaad things to happen.

·
Registered
973 Posts
That is so pathetic,poor boy.I can tell you guys what I would like to do to someone who breeds puppies like this.Thank God you saved him.
You and me both.

Stating the obvious I know but this is proof of why you should do your research and either spend the time and money to buy from a reputable breeder or adopt a rescue.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts