Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,570 Posts
You have been warned. What you do is up to you but $250.00 will not be such a bargain if you must spend thousands to correct his/her legs or even get an unhealthy puppy from these people. These dogs do not like the way a basset is suppose to look as in past posts on this site. All puppies are cute but for the most part they will usually resemble the parents and in my mind these dogs should not reproduce.

· Registered
1,570 Posts
Like I said all puppies are cute. We can't tell a thing from people holding the pups. Look we are not against this so called "breeder" we probably do not know them we are giving you our opinions from what you have showed us. The photos of the parents were not bad angles their legs are really pretty awful and maybe,just maybe, the puppies legs won't be that bad ,maybe. That is just hoping no other problems show up later. Puppies are not cheap to raise so 'Breeder's" getting higher prices for their puppies are,in general, not over priced. By the time the eyes on the parents are checked for glaucoma,the blood tested for thrombpathia(a bleeding disorder)and other problems the parents should be cleared of before breeding the breeder has a lot more invested in a litter,even with a higher price for the puppies they will never be reimbursed for the time put into raising a healthy litter for 8 to 12 weeks. To know what a basset should look like go to the BHCA site to read what the standard says a basset should look like. We are trying to help you but I'm afraid Soundtrack is right. We would rather not pick apart someone's dog but you asked.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.