Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
As far as the breeders, they are a small one who seems very nice and i doubt are cutting corners. It seems to be more of a hobby.
Hope to hear from some more people...more opinions the better. This will be my first dog and I'm really excited.

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Not trying to offend anyone Boopus, thanks for you opinion.
Just going on the fact that all dogs need a good home and champion bloodline is of no importance to me. I also think some of the issues suggested may be just a bad picture. Thats why I'm asking for as many opinions as i can get.

What do you all think of the pups...they sure are cute, huh?

And, I live in the Colorado rockies. All i could find as far as breeders were in Kansas about 600 miles away.

Thanks everyone!

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)
Ugh, this is what I hate about forums. I have sugar gliders and I'm on a forum for them as well. I'm sorry SoundTrack but you come across as abrasive, but I'm sure you're already aware of that.
There are rarely "right" answers on forums, but merely opinions from many different people.
I use forums as a tool, and if I am to raise a basset I would love the opinions from here on out, of experienced owners and one day I too will be one and can pass on my knowledge to others.
Everyones opinions have helped and I now know what questions to ask the breeders. Once I have answers from them, I will ask some more.
I wouldn't be asking, if my mind was made up.

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
There are a few reasons I'd like to have a puppy. The first is i have heard bassets can be very stubborn and hard to train. I work from home and have plenty of time to spend training a puppy to insure he has good training. Another is the bond you create with a puppy.
Is the consensus that with dealing with purebred, they can have more genetic problems than cross breeds?
I'm am into the the idea of getting a more expensive dog, i just can't find one without driving so far i'd have to get a hotel. I like the idea of being able to check the pups out and make a decision. I'm afraid if i drove a great distance i would feel obligated to make a purchase and not go on my gut instinct.

Thanks!

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Wow, you guys are amazing. For the last 2 months I've been reading everything I can on bassets but without having a hands on experience its really hard to tell what to look for.

I think I'm going to keep waiting. I emailed everyone on the BHCA breeders site, and haven't gotten a positive response but i'm going to keep my hopes up.

This seems like a great forum and I'm looking forward to being a member during this "experience". Hope i don't come across as too annoying, or curious.

Thanks!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.