Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
I agree with the previous post about looking elsewhere the pups may look great now. But chances are they will turn out to look alot like the parents. I have found with my litters that you end up with more undesirable features then desireable ones if there is a parent with very undesireable features.

· Registered
14 Posts
The orthropedic problem that another post sugested on the mothers front end. Well her legs are extremely strange looking and her feet were very small. Again this may be just the way the pic came out. When I look for a basset I look for really long ears huge feet and a deep wide chest. You could ask the breeder some questions about the dogs as far as how do they compare to the breed standard, meaning ear length, hieght, weight ect. I perfer for a basset to have four white feet a white tiped tail and a stripe up there nose. That is just my personal preference. I have heard it suggested that those things are a sign of good breeding.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.