Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,219 Posts
I agree with what everyone else is saying. Take your time to find a good, responsible breeder. The amount of money you are going to pay for that pup now is nothing compared to what you may end up paying in the future for health problems.
We had a number of breeders in our state but none fit my criteria for a great breeder and l live in one of the biggest puppy mill states in the country so I decided to go out of state for my pup. Ten hour drive to get him, twelve hour drive to get back home due to some traffic problems but he was worth every mile and every penny.
Remember this is a dog that will hopefully be with you for at least ten-twelve years, more if you're lucky so don't make a decision you will regret.
Where are you located? Maybe someone can help you find a good breeder where you live.
Also, take a look at the link Betsy Iole posted in the FAQ part of this board for finding a good breeder.

· Registered
1,219 Posts
Absolutely, email the breeders. Maybe you will be able to find someone on there who will give you their phone number and you can call them, talk to them and find what you are looking for.
Soundtrack is really just trying to help you. She is a very experienced breeder so she does know what she's talking about. Really, we are all just trying to help you make an informed decision.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.