Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Stuffed toys have a pretty short lifespan here, so I buy them at garage sales - usually for 25 cents or less.

At one time I bought a collection of stuffed animals that made assorted noises: a cow that mooed, a pig that oinked, a frog that croaked, an elephant that trumpeted, etc. I put a different one in each of the 4 crates in the dog show van, and if one of the dogs started getting restless (usually the are asleep before we are out of the driveway and don't wake up till we get there, so restlessness might mean a need for attention) I can tell which hound it is by what animal sound is made when the basset steps or lays on the toy.

In the summer I often sleep in my van at dog shows. A friend who was camped in her van right behind mine complained about the animal noised coming from my van during the night. So I bought an elephant (the loundest) and a pig and when she wasn't looking, gave themn to her dogs. :D :D I think she is speaking to me again finally.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.