Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No, it's not me. I found a big fuzzy frog with a squeaker inside but it doesn't squeak, it CROAKS. You shoulda seen his eyes light up when I brought THAT home to him. He yanked it outta my hand and ran off with it and he shook it and he stepped on it and he carried it around. They had a monkey, too, that made monkey sounds but I thought that might scare him so I got the frog.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Daisy Jayne got one of those for Christmas; I think she broke the squeaker already. :D She likes the ape that screams, she's gone thru probably 4-5 of them.

I got her a 95 cent stuffed toy a week or so ago, and she loved it to death, it was a goofy lookin' Fraggle Rock lookin' critter, hot pink with yellow spots; it lasted about 10 minutes before she had the stuffing all over the living room floor. She then pulled his blue feet off and enjoyed throwing them up in the air repeatedly. :D It was definitely worth the 95 cents I paid for it. Too bad it didn't last longer, tho!

Do you notice if George prefers specific colors of toys over others? Daisy prefers hot pink and purple toys over other colors; I bought her a black rescue (stuffed) dog wearing an orange vest, and she's barely touched it, she hasn't massacred it like she usually does. She also has blue stuffed toys that she barely touches, unless she's playing tug-o-war with BJ.

T

·
0 Posts
I haven't noticed any color preferences, but there is an Ace Hardware by our house that had stuffies for a buck. I bought about ten of them and switch them out from time to time. Twinkie doesn't (or at least has not yet) destroy them and only plays with them occasionally. She does have a stuffed duck that quacks. I looked at that duck and said holy cow, they want $7.99 for this stupid duck ... then I squeezed it and it quacked and they had me.

Janet 'n Twinkie

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
George's only criteria for toys are that they squeak or that they contain edibles. He loves his kong ball and his squeaky Bugs Bunny and now his froggy, but he just shrugged when I brought him a chew toy that doesn't do anything. I have noticed, however, that he likes green Scooby Snacks better than any other color. That could be taste more than color, but believe me, he knows the difference on sight. He's MUCH more enthusiastic when I hand him a green one.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I had purchased a duck toy for our beagle mix stella. The duck made actual duck sounds, that has been her baby she would carry it around so gently, I thought she might have some natural hunter in her. However, she has since ripped its legs off and now its neck is questionable.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Stuffed toys have a pretty short lifespan here, so I buy them at garage sales - usually for 25 cents or less.

At one time I bought a collection of stuffed animals that made assorted noises: a cow that mooed, a pig that oinked, a frog that croaked, an elephant that trumpeted, etc. I put a different one in each of the 4 crates in the dog show van, and if one of the dogs started getting restless (usually the are asleep before we are out of the driveway and don't wake up till we get there, so restlessness might mean a need for attention) I can tell which hound it is by what animal sound is made when the basset steps or lays on the toy.

In the summer I often sleep in my van at dog shows. A friend who was camped in her van right behind mine complained about the animal noised coming from my van during the night. So I bought an elephant (the loundest) and a pig and when she wasn't looking, gave themn to her dogs. :D :D I think she is speaking to me again finally.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh, that's FUNNY. LOL Right up there with giving your nieces and nephews a drum set to pay back your sibling for all the evil he/she did to you when you were kids.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts