Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since Gigi arrived and assumed control of the couch (unless George REALLY wants it, in which case he evicts her), and because his old pillow was pretty well smooshed and worn out, I bought him a new one, and he loves it. He took it out of my hand when I got home with it and immediately began working on punching it up to suit himself. Here he is sleeping on it.

When George has the couch, Gigi sleeps on it, too, but she always acts as if she's being mistreated if she has to resort to it. Big sighs. Long-suffering looks toward George and the couch.

And here's Gigi on HER favorite bed:

Compared to the poor dear when she first arrived and was so skinny. Hubby says she's too fat now, but I don't agree:

And then of course, George's opinion of Gigi being on HIS couch:

·
Registered
284 Posts
i dont think Gigi is fat. she's just filled out over the past month or two and she looks so healthy and has such a shiny coat - 110% better than a few months ago. she really has a great life now with you guys

i just love it when they try to make there own beds by using there noses - so cute!

·
Registered
127 Posts
I love that last picture of George! He's is gorgeous, so is Gigi. I don't think Gigi is too fat, just right for a healthly, well adjusted, spoiled dog! How did you end up with Gigi? She looks in bad shape in the picture from when you first got her?

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gigi turned up in our driveway in August and wouldn't let us anywhere near her. She was clearly afraid of us. She came and went for a couple of days and I left food and water out for her, and George made friends with her, but she still wouldn't let us near. After about a week, she seemed to settle on our house as her new home and began to live under the deck. On Saturday afternoon that week (Aug. 19), she was standing in the driveway staring up at me and George on the deck (it's up high) and I called her "G.G." which was meant to be short for "good girl" and her ears went up and her eyes got shiny and she galloped up the steps and sat down on my foot. She'd never let us within 10 feet before. I assumed that sounded like whatever her name was before, so we decided to keep it and call her Gigi. It took another full day to get her to come in the house (and two months to house train her!) and we've never found her former people. She was skinny and the flies had eaten her ears (as you can see in the old picture) and based on her fearful reactions to noises, things we pick up, sudden movement, etc., we concluded she must've been abused before and we didn't CARE if we found her former people. So we took her to the vet and got her shots and had her spayed and here she is. :) After the first few days, George began to wonder when she was going to go home ("We've had a nice visit, Mom, now I'd like her to leave") but he's adjusted and now they play together and take turns on the couch and she even lets us pet him sometimes -- she's very needy and demanding of attention. Her ears healed but the hair hasn't all grown back yet and as you can see, she's put on some weight. :lol: Considering how much she eats, I fear the day is coming when she won't fit through the door ...

·
Registered
775 Posts
I think George,Gigi and Gigi's story are all great. Love the last pic.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Loved hearing GIGI'S story too :) :) She looks so much better now and healthier and content..... and as for George, well... he just looks p****d off. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts