Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hair hair everywhere what to do... I been looking at brushes and was wonder if anyone has used of the FURminator desheders on there basset and how well it worked out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a Ferminator. This was my 3rd item I purchased for the shedding issue. I first bought a two-sided brush, this some two-sided rake like thing that looks like a rope loop, and then the Ferminator. To be quite hones, they all seem to help remove hair but never good enough to my satisfaction. Furthermore, I think she likes the Ferminator the least. The first few times I used it on her she was tolerant, now after a few strokes she gets up and basically says "I'm outta here". On the other hand at first she did not like the brush and now she loves it and can't get enough of it. Go figure.

That's my two cents.

·
Registered
932 Posts
A shedding blade does the best job as far as removing hair. It looks like a bent metal blade with little teeth on one side. It removes wads of hair with each stroke. Use it outside so the birds can use the fur to make nice soft nests!

·
Registered
813 Posts
I've got a blue rubber bathing mitt for dogs that has big nubs on one side and little ones on the other and that does pretty well. I agree -- do it OUTSIDE or you'll have great wads of hair all over your house.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts

The Zoom Groom works wonders on pulling out the loose hair.

The shedding blade gets out all that loose fluffy undercoat. Use both outside, and the birds will love you.

Aroooos from Bogie!!!
You don't own a Basset, a Basset owns you!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts