Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Don't listen Wworm.....it's something we all go thru...they check mine everytime I get a spa day (as ma calls it)....so far I have been clean but I know one day...oh, boy.

I was limping earlier this week and ma read that it might be Pano (after researching it here). Since she wanted to be sure she called the Vet and he said bring me in Fri.....well I am not limping today so ma thinks it isn't anything more serious than Pano so she cancelled.....whewww....last time I went to vet is when I came back missing a few pieces (you know what I mean Wworm)....no telling what I would be missing if they would be checking my leg...

Chin up Wworm ole buddy....it happens to the best of us..

~your pal in mischief,

Woody Hayes.:cool:

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
EWWWWW!!!!! First apricot neuticles and now your bum! Boys will be boys!!
Ooops! sorry Paisley. I fuhgot. My person says I should be more gentlemanly when I talk about things, esp when there are girl bassets around. sorry again!! i will work on that.

BUT... i will tell you that a GIRL was the one who told me about the apricots growing out of netherplaces (Ms. Princess Estha here...)
--Worm

·
Registered
517 Posts
Wwormy: I love you --- well in an (as my teacher sister says) an appropriate way..... I am blushing .... you know what I mean......

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Woody, my dawg!! what would I do without you, buddy?

thanks-- i was kinda embarrassed today and afterwards, i laid in my crate and looked kinda depressed-like. but then, when my person got home from work, they took me to the doggie parade.

guess what?? i met 2 bassets named Fred & Wilma there... (a la flintstone). i'm buggin' my person to empty her camera so you can my pics from tonite..

it was fun, and it made me forget all about what happened earlier today.

Woody- i totally know what you mean about the missing parts. it's scary what you can come home missing. well, i am glad you are feeling better and no more problem w/your leg. i'll keep my paws crossed fer ya.
--your pal, Worm :cool:

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
**bump**

My person told me to ask y'all what is a good way to get anal gland stuff out of the furniture? i left some by accident... ooops.

btw, i wonder where Paisley is??? (it's like she went dark... hope she didn't get abducted by bad guys.. i been watching lotsa 24)
--Worm

·
Registered
85 Posts
Ummm... I'm not familiar with anal glands expression thingy... Is it really necessary? Should it be expressed regularly or only if there's a symptom of discomfort?

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
no on having them expressed regulary it is possible to actual damage them by expressing then so then only manual expression works it the old adage if it ain't broke don't fix it.

...but i leaked...
I had one of those alway managed to do it when sitting on you and waithed for those monents that you were head out etc fancy dress , running late etc.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Hey Worm, maybe vinegar/water solution? Momma said if it works for peeeee maybe it will work for that.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
My person told me to ask y'all what is a good way to get anal gland stuff out of the furniture? i left some by accident... ooops.
Being organic I would go with an enzymatic cleaner/ pet stain remover. and lots and lots of fabreze Oxigenatiors like oxyclean or hydrogen peroxide do well on the types of odors but you must test in an inconpicious spot while the may be milder than chlorine bleach they can still beach fabric contrary to so of the advertizing.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
or you could buy leather furniture
I take it you never had to deal with leaking anal gland stink Leather is still porus enough to hold it. you would need hard plastic or metal to get away with a wipe and rinse type treatment.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I can hear Fergus cringing from here, boys. He's now trying to figure out how to never scoot ever..

Good info! Thanks for posting the... uh... pleasant topic.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Boomer was scooting a couple of months ago, so I gave him pureed pumpkin for a few days, and no problems since.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts