Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just a fun question! what color bassets are your favorite? i'll start with my answer. of course i'd have to say tri because my little man is a tri, but the tan and white are adorable as well! i love 'em all!:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I like the lemon's best...would like to eventually find a female lemon with green/blue eyes to mate with our young male as he has green eyes.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Actually I think the prettiest color is the mahogany and whites. Lemons are sweet looking to. But virtually all colors can look very good depending on markings.

Our Mercedes when she was very young looked like she might be a lemon, but she has darkened to red and white.

·
Registered
12,943 Posts
would like to eventually find a female lemon with green/blue eyes to mate with our young male as he has green eyes.
Just what everyone likes to hear another breeding based on prepetuating a serious fault .

·
Registered
18 Posts
I love freckles! Haven't had a Basset yet with freckles, but I want one! Doesn't matter what color - tri, lemon, mahogany - as long as there's freckles!

·
Registered
773 Posts
Just what everyone likes to hear another breeding based on prepetuating a serious fault .

I had the same thought, Mike -- good grief!!! Had my two at the vet's for their spring tune-up and heard once more what a treat it is to see bassets that are not overweight and have the traits the breed is supposed to have -- like BROWN eyes :mad: ...

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have to admit liking the tri colors the best although as everyone else I love them all. Has anyone else had a basset fade over the years? Mr. Peabody was a darker color according to older pics. now he looks almost all white-my ghost basset, I like to say.
Susan

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have to admit liking the tri colors the best although as everyone else I love them all. Has anyone else had a basset fade over the years? Mr. Peabody was a darker color according to older pics. now he looks almost all white-my ghost basset, I like to say.
Susan
Yes, all three of our dearly departed bassets faded significantly over the years. Sometimes it's surprising, you look at an old picture and only then you see the difference. You can see Janie, Winston and Izzy, and get some sense of their fading if you look at my album "The Three Stooges".

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I love freckles! Haven't had a Basset yet with freckles, but I want one! Doesn't matter what color - tri, lemon, mahogany - as long as there's freckles!
i love freckles also! toby has a few and as he gets older more kind of pop up.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Thanks for the info TYGRRL. All your bassets were precious! I enjoyed seeing their pics & your human family too. Mr. Pea is 10 (approx) & so far in very good health-I hope to have him around for a long time. Freckles are great-my brother's basset has a bunch. Mr. Pea has some that only show when he's wet!
Susan

·
Registered
417 Posts
I don't really have a coloring preference. I fall for the bassety-ness, no matter what the color. If I had to choose though, I'd say I love the ones that are mahogany and white, heavier on the mahogany.

Susan
Scully changed a lot in the color department over the years.

Young Scully (modeling near what may be the ugliest wall paper in the world!:eek:):

Old lady Scully (one of her last pictures:():

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Young Scully (modeling near what may be the ugliest wall paper in the world!:eek:):

that made me LOL. we had a beagle when i was growing up and i must say...the pictures of her against the wood paneled wall. PRICELESS. this was in the 90s, and even then...it was outdated haha.

·
Super Moderator
5,042 Posts
I prefer the black tris, then the tricolors. With lots of freckles.

Which is why I have 10 red/whites, 5 tris and no blacks......:rolleyes:

·
Registered
562 Posts
Not to steal anyone's thunder in this current thread but I posted a poll about this awhile ago.

http://www.basset.net/boards/general-basset-hound-discussion/12154-interesting-bassets.html

If you would like to share your vote go for it, just realize that what you voted will show up!

And... the color doesn't matter too much to me as long as they are good dogs. But I would have to say the darker tri-colors and the high-contrast mahoganies look the best to me.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts