Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fun Field Trial next Sunday November 29th, 2015
Little Rhody Beagle Club, 821 Cowesett Rd, Warwick, RI
Mark your calendars to Bring out the hounds!!!! Let your bassets run in the fully contained fields of this beagle grounds and test their ability to find and chase rabbits. Open to all basset hounds, whether or not registered with AKC, intact or spay/neutered. Please - no aggressive dogs and leave bitches in season at home or in the car.

·
Registered
12,869 Posts
Start time is approximately 9:00 am

New dogs go out with more experienced dogs to hopefully show them the ropes and get them started.

·
Registered
12,869 Posts
answering acouple questions I had off line

1, registration occurs when you arrive

2. cost I believe last year was 10.00 but not sure in any case pretty nominal

3. How it runs varies year to yea. Last year dogs when out in groups of 5 -7 which include at least 1 or two experienced dogs. for about 30 minutes but at least till one or more rabbits were run, Usual over by lunch time which is not supplied but coffee donuts and other such items are generally available for a donation.

4. The grounds are completely fenced no need to worry about dogs off lead antics. Open to all basset AKC registered or not spay/neuter ok as well.

·
Registered
12,869 Posts
The forecast in Warwick is 40 at 9:00 AM and party sunny and climbing to 49 at 12:00 and mostly sunny. If you dress properly you will have a great time. The club house is nice and regular bathrooms. Some people bring a lunch others wait and meet friends for a late lunch at one of the many many restaurants in the area. We will have role model dogs in each pack we put out and maybe yours will go in on a bunny run. Even if they don't they will have a good time walking with you and the other dogs. The fields are Large enough that the bunnies have all the advantages the sport is to find and follow the scent not harm the bunnies. Did you know rabbits run in a circle? Some circles are larger than others but a good dog would run a rabbit around so a hunter could shoot as the bunny went by. We don't shoot we just are thrilled to see the dogs work and hear their beautiful voices. Hope to see you there we try and start around 8:30 for sign up. I will attach an email received from Mike Arruda and Linda Fowler for the event it should answer any questions. Please come your dogs will thank you.

Hello All, I haven't got everyone's email addresses but wanted to cover as many as I could find. Our ANNUAL FUN FIELD TRIAL is again coming fast. As always it's the Sunday after THANKSGIVING, NOVEMBER 29th. Our location is like last year at
LITTLE RHODY BEAGLE CLUB 821 COWESETT ROAD, WARWICK RI 02886. We'll gather from 8:30, to sign up, and start around 9AM or thereabouts. It's a wonderful place to let your dogs try their LUCK in finding Rabbits. The grounds are ALL FENCED.
(Attached) I was sent this super print and maybe your dog can have this whimsical experience, if only in it's dreams =o) We'll have Coffee and breakfast snacks.. indoor plumbing ( A Plus!!) Bring appropriate clothing for weather (RAIN or SHINE) water for your dogs Lunch and drinks for you. A chair to relax while you hang out. Those who have attended, in the past, have come away seeing if nothing more than a fun run in the fields the Dogs LOVE IT ;o) $10.00 per entry--- $2.00 off three or more entered. ***

·
Registered
12,869 Posts
photos by jck
left to right Eowyn, Faith, Pumpkin and Hermione

Kaylee

Miriam (aka Soundtrack) top center with Sisters Leila and Deela

the puppies in a starter pen
Bottom Hope
top left to right
Kylee
Faith