Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You want pics of a full grown basset?

Here's Ruby singing to her daddy......

and looking at mommy's weird gloved hand....

and looking at the ghost ?...we really don't know what she was looking at

and listening to rain on the skylight overhead

and after the dreaded bath

and eating grass

and looking at birds

AND showing off her girlish figure

Janice and little Ruby

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Ruby is too cute for words :rolleyes: Love that first picture!

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
We LOVE Ruby pics. I just want to kiss her smoochy face.

Where did you get that bathtub? It looks like a great way to bath a hound.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We got the tub a few years ago at a local pet store in the mall. They had it outside of their shop on display and hubby bought it right there and then. He got it at a huge discount 'cuz there was no box. We had researched some sort of contraption to use as a bathtub where we weren't on our hands and knees (and save our backs) and this is what we ended up with. However, when Ruby see's it she puts on those bassety brakes and her daddy has to carry her over to it and into it....so his back is sore B4 we even start. :p

Janice and little Ruby ("I hate the bath; don't get that thing near me!")

·
Registered
58 Posts
Ruby looks so much like her brother Ziggy who I know very well.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Great pictures of Ruby! She is aging very gracefully... she doesn't look her age at all. :)

I have a question for you, though. How do you keep your floors so clean? I vaccuum daily and damp-mop as needed. I give my floors a real thorough cleaning when I can find the time but shortly afterward they are covered in dribbles, crumbs and dog-hair and look as if I hadn't done a thing. :blink: Does Ruby shed at all? Is she a dry-mouthed and neat girl who never dribbles (Moe leaves a dribble trail from his water bowl to the couch every time he drinks <_< ). Does she NEVER take her cookies to your favorite freshly vaccuumed rug to eat them? HOW do you do it? What is your secret? :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you for the compliment of my floors. I'm looking at them right now and all I see is hair and dirt and slobber!!!

And I had to laugh out loud about thinkng of Ruby not shedding. She sheds all year round and I think she has fly-a-way fur from all those healthy omega oils in her food.

But I have asthma so I use the Swiffer dry cloth for the laminate and tile floors daily. And I use the Swiffer wet jet on the tile floor about once a week. There's wall-to-wall carpeting in the bedrooms and area rugs elsewhere. I vaccuum them at least once a week except lately with this cracked rib thing I'm dealing with. I think the pictures are deceiving...if you were here, you'd be appalled at all the hair. tee hee As a matter of fact, if you sat on the floor next to Ruby and stood up, you'd be covered from head to toe with Ruby fur. I buy those sticky roller lint things in bulk! :lol:

Ruby's not allowed on the furniture so that always looks real neat and clean. LOL!

As for slobber....Ruby's ears go into her water bowl and there's water and slobber everywhere. I don't really care about that. And I give her treats in her bowl and also some times on her bed.

Thanx again for the compliments!

Janice and little Ruby

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I'll have to keep my eyes open for a tub like that! It's much nicer than what I use now!

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
...I think the pictures are deceiving...if you were here, you'd be appalled at all the hair. tee hee As a matter of fact, if you sat on the floor next to Ruby and stood up, you'd be covered from head to toe with Ruby fur. ...[/b]
Actually, if I were there I think I'd feel quite at home. Anyone who obsesses over dog-hair and dribble spots is not a person I could relate to! :) :) :) I feel much more comfortable being around real dog-lovers who have homes with visible signs of canine companions. B)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts