Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
I don't use any Hartz products. There appears to be some issues with their products harming pets. Its a purely personal choice, though. If you do an online search of Hartz Pet Products, you will find several sites regarding problems with their products. I don't endorse or not endorse. I found the information disturbing enough to give me reason not to use their products. Take a look and decide for yourself.

Janet 'n Twinkie.

[ April 05, 2006, 09:14 AM: Message edited by: Twinkie's Mum ]

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I used Frontline Plus for a while. I got a really good deal from this website: www.petguys.com
Then recently K9 Advantix has a really cute commercial, about bunch of puppies went to a camping (summer camp) trip. It just stole my heart. It's my favorite commercial. Since then, I use k9 Advantix instead.
Both have almost same price.

But I do notice that, after I put K9 advantix on my hounds and if it hasn't fully dry yet and they lay down on our leather couch, the chemical could actually break down the first layer of the leather! It doesn't happen when I use Frontline.
Anybody knows what's wrong?

The good things is later on I have a reason to buy a new couch (a much more comfortable couch!!).

Another thing, K9 Advantix and Frontline Plus is the only 2 brands that really work for my hounds.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Not to say you would have the same experience, but Hartz was the cause for our other dog's seizures. Both Olivia and he recently got treated at the vet, I will have to ask my wife what the new product is.

[ April 05, 2006, 02:38 PM: Message edited by: Grommett ]

A

·
0 Posts
I have always fostered dogs and of course looked for cheaper alternatives. I used the hartz brand for a few months once, I didn't have any health issues, but have heard of that quite a bit since. I found though that it worked for like the first month or two, maybe three but after that it was completely ineffectual. Never tried it again. Ended up having to "bomb" my house several times.

[ April 09, 2006, 06:22 PM: Message edited by: THE COPPER TOP ]

·
Registered
319 Posts
I've read a lot of bad press on Hartz recently. I would not risk it. I order my Frontline in 6 month supplies to get a better price. Usually works out to about $12 a month. I spend more than that on dog treats.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I know this will sound dumb but is the Frontline ordered off the internet the same as the Frontline from the vet office?
I don't know why it wouldn't be I just want to make sure, we have a lot of deer in the area and backyard and have to watch for fleas and ticks on Oliver and the cats(which are indoor only but have a fully caged run outside). It can get expensive.

[ April 10, 2006, 12:00 PM: Message edited by: Oliver Twist ]

·
Registered
343 Posts
I use Frontline Plus too; get a good price on eBay.
Any thinking of using K9 Advantix - please know that it can be toxic to cats.

A

·
0 Posts
www.megapetsupplies.com
make sure to use the currency calculator for the right prices, you will be surprised. This stuff comes out of Australia but very quickly. Or maybe it is drop shipped, either way great prices, great products!

A

·
0 Posts
I use Bio Spot. It has almost the same exact ingredients as K9-Advantix and yet only costs $7.29 for a 3 month supply (dogs 33-66 lbs., www.petguys.com). Belinda.

A

·
0 Posts
Is Frontline Plus by Hartz? I don't have that I got a good price on it it was what I used to use from the vet,

1 - 12 of 12 Posts