Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is Ruby writing: my mommy is real sick and in bed for two days so far. my daddy had to come home from work to take me outside to "go" during the day.

I'm being a real good girl and sleeping and letting mommy rest.

Arrrro,
"THE" Ruby

·
Registered
932 Posts
Poor Ruby's Mommy! Getting the new doghouse ready must have been too much for her. Be a good doggie and take care of her, Ruby!

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Advice from Duke and Bo, to Ruby:

Duke: Ruby, it's very important to let her get her rest. Then she will get well soon, and be back slaving for you in no time!

Bo: I really don't have a clue what's going on, ever. But whatever Duke says is fine with me...

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mommy is getting a little bit better because she's not coughing so much. She keeps spraying this stuff all over the place and it stinks. She calls it lysol. Said that she doesn't want me to get sick since she and daddy have been so sick.

I want her to feel better soon because she's my mopmmy and I miss her sitting on the floor and playing with me. My daddy does it nightly but mommy does that during the day.

arrrrrrooooo-MOOOOOO!

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mommy is sicker....something to do with a fever that's real high.

I'll write when she's better.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi! This is Francis writing for Bevy.
Ruby, you just make darned sure that you push over and give Janice extra room on that bed and that you make time in your busy schedule for some healing cuddles!
Feel better, Janice!

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
Ruby, I'm just getting over the flu (which it sounds like you have) and it's a whooper this year.

What helped me the most was that Chloroseptic (sp. ?) Spray with a bit of analgesic in it. It stopped the coughing without mucking everying else up. Also lots of hot soup and homemade toddy things (hic).

The fever was scary but the coughing was worse for me. It's not a fun one! Get under the bankies and stay there (with your Chloroseptic)!

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ruby, snuggle closer to mom and give her extra kisses. yvonne

·
Registered
987 Posts
Oh Ruby I am so sorry your mommy is sick. Maybe if you lay down with her and give her big kisses the power of basset drool will make her feel better.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Oliver sends drool to cool the fever and I send... well if I was closer it would be chicken soup. My husband had the flu a couple of weeks ago and tamiflu was great but it has to be started in the first couple of days. Sleep and a warm basset are the best cures :D

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ruby: This is your Aunt Patti talking!! I want you to climb into bed with Mommy (ask Daddy to help lift you). Then snuggle up to Mommy and give her a big, wet kiss "right on da lips"!! Sorry, Janice, I couldn't resist!!!

Feel better soon my dear friend!!

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanx for all the well wishes. The kiss "right on da lips" is something that Ruby did actually while I was sleeping...I guess I was snorning so she came over to the bed, hoisted her front legs there and stuck her stinky breath face into mine (she loves to lick ears) and stuck her nose in my mouth. I hope she doesn't get sick. I'm waiting for a call from the doctor as I'm not well enough to drive.

When Ruby's daddy was home taking care of her (and me), Ruby was sooo good. When either one of us told her to go to bed, she did. Her daddy didn't have to take her out as often as I have to.

In Ruby's mind, the heirarchy around here is: Daddy, Queen Ruby and Servant-Mommy. :)

Now that Ruby's daddy is back to work and I'm the servant again, Ruby is coming around whining to go out. I just told her to go back to bed and she gave me a dirty look. ha!

Thanx for your concern. I'm the one who needs to go back to bed. Wish Ruby could sit on the toilet. (Try to visualize that). tee hee

On a lighter note, Ruby's new dog house (the one with the hefty mortgage) is coming along and the painters should be done this week. Then the bathrooms will be done and then flooring gets done and then we can move in. Still more remodeling needs to be done but it'll be good to get our stuff out of storage and into a one level home again. This is why I absolutely NEED to get well real soon.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
P.S. the call from the doctor wasn't about Ruby as it seemed in my last post, but to get rx's called in.

Arrrrooo's from Ruby and cough cough (times 9,000) from me.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Janice, nice to see you back to the "land of the living" cough cough x 9000. Hope you are back to cough cough (x 0) really really soon. There's work to be done.

Take care, Susan and Wilson

1 - 17 of 17 Posts