Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 15 week old Basset Hound. He seems to have at least 6-8 bowel movements a day. Half are solid and half are a bit very runny. Is this normal?

Thanks in advance.

Mike

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
That sounds like a lot. It wouldn't hurt to have your vet check him out. Take along a stool specimen.

A

·
0 Posts
ditto here. poor thing. Has there been a sudden puppy food change? Drool from Tummy Boy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've fed him Nitro dry puppy food, twice a day since I got him 3 weeks ago. He is very active.

He did have tape worms a week ago. He received a shot from the vet last Sunday, along with his booster shots. I did not bring a stool sample for the vet.

Thank you so much for the help

·
Registered
12,937 Posts
also a puppy that young consider feed 3 times a day. Ideal the number of b/m should equal the number of times fed.

·
Registered
78 Posts
i have noticed that shots cause poop problems. my basset went through 6 poos per day for a short time then it seemed to level off to 3x....agree on having a sample checked asap.
puppys get round worms from the mom's....they look like rice in the stools.....

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Definitely have a fecal done for parasites if you haven't already. I've found that a puppy tends to get loose stools when he's fed too much. Trying cutting down a little bit each meal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts