Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son found this on Craig's List (Seattle). Anyone?

seattle craigslist > free stuff > free male basset hound
last modified: Sun, 12 Feb 21:29 PST

free male basset hound

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: [email protected]
Date: 2006-02-12, 9:29PM PST

14 month old male basset hound dog.One of Olivias puppies came back a year later.I know the people that had him had two small children and a lab.Scrappy is his name.He likes to chew,but didnt have any toys of his own,so he found some.He is a indoor dog.E-mail [email protected]

this is in or around Tacoma

no -- it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Copyright © 2006 craigslist, inc. terms of use privacy policy feedback forum

[ February 14, 2006, 03:20 PM: Message edited by: Lynne & Huck ]

·
Registered
34 Posts
I just joined this board yesterday. Olivia is the female I adopted from these people.

It is strange, but when I picked her up on Sunday, which is the date this ad was placed, they did not mention she had had a litter or that they had this male up for adoption also. I found Olivia through Craigslist as well.

I have a wierd feeling now, and wonder if I should contact this person as she had told me Olivia has been spayed, and now I see an ad for one of her pups. I realize that he is 14 months old, and she could have been spayed between now and then, but I don't know.

I have asked my sister-in-law who works at the pet hospital to come by and look at Olivia.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Well, I talked with the previous owner, and I feel confident that all is as she says. I have also spoken to the vet they took Olivia to, and they are going to send her info to my vet.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can someone give me a definition of Back Yard Breeder? Do you consider anyone who wants to have a litter of pups a BYB? Not trying to start anything - am just curious.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
this is the one I responded to wanted to rescue her from being banished outside but never got a response so glad she found a good home feel so much better. didn't realize the male basset was from the same home i also reponded to that one to gave them basset rescue info. Does anyone know if they found a home for him?

welcome to the board Grommett maybe we will be meeting sometime at one of the basset gatherings.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
I don't think wanting a litter of pups is wrong, but giving away dogs on the internet is wrong. Lucky for Olivia she landed in a good home.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts