Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We were at the park today and I decided to meet up with a few friends with their dogs over at the canoe launch. Now normally you couldn't get Francis near the water, he hates the stuff, he turns all weenie-dog if he has to walk on wet grass, but today he decided to lean over the ledge and take a few sips of water. Unfortunately at the same time a snake came slithering over to the launch and we all startled and jumped back and ol' Franny went plop! right into the water! It was about a foot and a half deep but the poor little guy just wigged out completely and was thrashing so much I ended up just going into the water and scooping that solid chunk of dog right out of the water. He and I were totally soaked and my shorts and blouse were just sopping wet.
Fran was really rattled and he shook and moaned all the way home. I felt so bad for him.
He's calm right now but I wonder if he'll ever go near the canoe launch again?
It'll be interesting to see tomorrow when we go back.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Aww poor Franny. He's blind too isn't he...probably made it even scarier for him.

~Heather

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, good old Franny wouldn't go down to the canoe launch today. He started to but then he smelled the river, skidded to a dead halt and reversed direction. I didn't force the issue and we just continued on our walk. Oh, well!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.