Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We were at the park today and I decided to meet up with a few friends with their dogs over at the canoe launch. Now normally you couldn't get Francis near the water, he hates the stuff, he turns all weenie-dog if he has to walk on wet grass, but today he decided to lean over the ledge and take a few sips of water. Unfortunately at the same time a snake came slithering over to the launch and we all startled and jumped back and ol' Franny went plop! right into the water! It was about a foot and a half deep but the poor little guy just wigged out completely and was thrashing so much I ended up just going into the water and scooping that solid chunk of dog right out of the water. He and I were totally soaked and my shorts and blouse were just sopping wet.
Fran was really rattled and he shook and moaned all the way home. I felt so bad for him.
He's calm right now but I wonder if he'll ever go near the canoe launch again?
It'll be interesting to see tomorrow when we go back.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Aww poor Franny. He's blind too isn't he...probably made it even scarier for him.

~Heather

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Poor Francis! Jake fell in the pond once and thought it was the end of the world... but not being able to see must have made it very scary!

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, good old Franny wouldn't go down to the canoe launch today. He started to but then he smelled the river, skidded to a dead halt and reversed direction. I didn't force the issue and we just continued on our walk. Oh, well!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts