Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother and his family recently adopted a puppy from a small dog rescue down South somewhere and she came with the name "Zsa Zsa". She'a a small, cute-as-a-button little terror who can't for the life of her figure out why that big galoot cousin of her's ignores her. She'll do that puppy play dance thing where they prance about in front of the other dog and of course, Franny can't see it. Then she'll move in and start trying to nudge him into playing with her and Fran will inevitably turn in the wrong direction to her utter consternation. Today she finally guessed something was "off" and she came up to Francis and starting sniffing his eyes, that's when Fran suddenly pounced and got into a dominant position with Miss Zsa Zsa in a head lock. The poor little thing didn't know what hit her. It was so funny to watch.
She quit bugging him for the rest of the day. :lol:

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I can just picture it! I'm sure Zsa Zsa and Francis will become the best of friends.

(Steinar, you must learn to use your imagination :D )

Sandy

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
When we lived in FL, Ruby had a friend who was a teacup poodle named Bijou.

He was smaller than her head and they were such good friends. Apparently Bijou never liked any other big dogs but loved Ruby the minute he met her. (what's not to love?)

Even tho we're far, far away, to this day, when Ruby sees a white small poodle, she gets very happy and if I were to say, "Bijou", she'd run to the door looking for him. 8)

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
:lol: Good for Francis! Bet they'll be best friends before you know it!

Yogi has a couple of cousins who are also best friends: Harl, the abbreviated demon dog, and Chichi, the obese rebel chihuahua. All I have to do is say their names and Yogi's head snaps up, ears high, his eyes go bright bright, and he's ready to rumble!

Lady, unfortunately, is much more interested in making sure hher food bowl is completely full and everything's in its proper place (she really dislikes disorder and change), although she does do a bit of scampering for them and is always excited (if protective of her bed and food bowl) to see them.

Now there are a few cousins neither of them like. There's Birdie, a German Shorthair Pointer who I just love --- he looks exactly like Popeye because his lower jaw juts far in front of his upper.

And two of those African yodeling dogs? I forgot what they're called.

But the most hated cousin is Charlies. Everyone hates Charlie, even the people. Charlie is completely spoiled and pees everywhere --- but my dogs and my sister's dogs always get blamed for it. GRRRR!

Dog cousins are a lot like human cousins.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts