Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AS many of you know, I work nights and sleep during the day, but before we go nighty-night we take our hour-long walk at the park because a tired doggie let's Bevy sleep. I finally got to sleep around 10:30 am and slept until Francis woke me up to eat at 4:00 for his dinner.
I was pretty groggy and as I put together his meal, I made a pot of coffee, then took the coffee into the den so I could read my e-mail and relax before work tonight.
A few minutes later Franny came into the den and started bugging me, climbing into my lap, and whining. He was relentless so I went to take him outside but when I opened the door he walked back into the house, still whining and looking a little frantic. He was fed, he was poop'd, he was peepee'd, so what the h**l was his problem?! I finally sort of yelled at him, "C'mon Francis, knock it off and let me read the mail!"
Poor old Franny slunk off into the kitchen and a few minutes later the whining started up again. I'd had it, so I stormed into the kitchen and found Fran looking up onto the countertop where I'd left his dinner!!
DUH!
My poor tortured baby. I felt like a jerk.
He got a piece of cheese for dessert and I got a crushing sense of guilt.

·
Registered
225 Posts
They are sure to let you know the stupid foodslaves have forgotten their most important
task in life i.e. to feed them :p

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Poor Franny

~Heather

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Poor Franny having an owner who temporarily lost her mind!

I bet the cheese went a long way to getting back in his good graces. I hate it when my dogs are mad at me - they truly make me suffer!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Francis must be a VERY GOOD DOG, Wilson would have one of his kitty accomplices knock it onto the floor for him or he would have done everything in his power to get it off the counter himself. Don't beat yourself up, cheese solves all doggy problems and I bet he forgave you quickly.

Susan and Wilson

L

·
0 Posts
That is one polite houndie. I remember one eve. being so tired. I wrapped up my dirty coffee grounds and put in refrig. then wrapped lunch meat & put in garbage. now that is idiotic. :rolleyes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts