Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I'm proud to announce that today is Francis's 9th birthday. It's been a wild 9 years but he's just such a trooper and I'm proud of him. We'll spend some extra time at the park and he'll get some special treats. I was looking at him today and that sweet little face is so white, I can't believe how quickly time flies.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MY DEAR LITTLE FRIEND!

·
Registered
245 Posts
On the reverse side of the business card from a Vet near me indicates that 8 of their years makes them 48 years old and the skip to 10 translates to 56 years as a human........
Happy Birthday Francis!
don

·
Registered
775 Posts
Happy Birthday Francis. I hope you have a wonderful day filled with lots of belly rubs and extra treats! I'd love to see a picture of the birthday boy :D

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Happy Birthday Francis!

Have the best day of all and make sure your mom tells us all about it.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Happy Birthday Francis! Super treats to you!

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Happy Birthday Francis!! :)

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Happy birthday, Francis!! Bogie hopes you get lots of treats and special belly rubs.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Happy Birthday Francis! From Belinda, Molly and Stryker (the Lab).

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Happy Birthday sweet boy!

~Heather

·
Registered
415 Posts
Happy Birthday to Franny. I hope he enjoyed a nice day with his human. My boy Noonie is 11 now and his face has certainly whitened up these past few years. Anyway, birthday hugs and slobbers to a very special boy!

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks everyone! In honor of Francis's birthday we spent a huge part of the day out at the park (3 hours in cold weather!) then he got a large portion of roasted chicken. His perfect life would be living in a tent at the park, bowls upon bowls of chicken and cheese, followed by a relaxing ten hours driving around. His very rude but funny Uncle Dennis gave him a pair of sunglasses (for those who don't know, Francis is completely blind from glaucoma) :lol: so Francis could channel Ray Charles. He also got a new collar with cupcakes on it. http://www.bowchies.com/FP_008.html This place has the coolest dog collars.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Happy Belated Birthday Frances!!!

Bev... is Franny looking a little like an old feller? Moe was nine this past fall and he's very gray around his head, especially in the nose area. It makes me sad to see him that way. :( On the plus side he went to the vet today and, aside from a couple issues that won't affect his longevity, he's healthy as a horse! :)

Here's wishing you and Franny many more happy healthy years together!!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
OMG, I'm so sorry I missed this!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, FRANCIS!

And now, for a word from Yogi and Bailey:

woof woof woof woof

ruff ruff

woof woof woof woof

ruff ruff

woof woof woof woof

woo Francis

woof woof woof woof

ruff ruff!

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Happy 9th Birthday Franny!!!!! Gosh has it been that long? Time for an updated picture one of these days Beverly Anne.

You still at the Brigham?

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Beverly, even though I've never seen a picture of Francis, I'll never forget your description of his first day at the dog park after losing his sight. I could just see him crashing through the bushes, etc, in his excitment when he realized where he was.
Give him a belly rub from me, Ok. What a guy.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thank you everybody. He is really a special dog (IMHO)
Barbara, the Brigham moved most of its foot and ankle surgery and the majority of its plastics over to the Faulkner so here I am. It's now called BWH/Faulkner. It's way more convenient to where I live, that's for sure and I don't have to pay the $72.00 week to park!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts