Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Franny passed away today from complications of a cracked spine. He was happy, playful, lovely and wonderful until he fell off the couch and that was that. i knew it would be disastrous and i was right. He felt no pain, he just couldn't walk or control his bowels or bladder. He was my life, my domestic partner, my significant other.
The vet brought him back to my house and while he was on my lap and I was rubbing his ears she put him into his last sleep. From the time he fell until he was put to sleep was a total of 45 minutes so he never knew. I ache, I want, I hurt but now he can see and sniff around to his heart's content and I just have to give him back to God's care.
Thank you for letting me share him with you, he was truly special

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
I am so sorry. My heart breaks for you. No matter how long we have them it is not enough. Fly with the angels sweet boy!

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Oh, Beverly!!! I'm so sorry. Franny has been such a part of this forum over the years with your wonderful stories about him, and how wonderful he did after losing his sight. We will all miss this very special guy, and I know your heart is breaking. I hope Bubba was at the bridge, wagging his tail, and arooing a welcome to Franny. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Rest in peace, Franny and run and frolic, seeing the world again, with all the other special hounds we have lost on this forum.
Connie

·
Registered
761 Posts
I'm so very sorry for your loss but couldn't think of a better way for a beloved hound to pass. I can only wish all pets could go as peacefully. RIP Franny...hope you're having fun playing with the other sorely missed hounds at the bridge. We'll keep you in our thoughts.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
WOW. Total shock.I'm so sorry.I know what you are talking about, after Bubba my heart hurt.My sympathy .

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I am so sad for you...what a joyous hound he was! I loved hearing your stories about him. You are so lucky to have had him...and he was so lucky to have had you!. Run free, Francis!

·
Super Moderator
5,042 Posts
I'm so sorry. :(

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Beverly Anne,

Just heard the sad news from Biscuit. :( I can't believe Francis is gone-It was like learning that an old friend has passed away. You must be devastated. Francis' stories have been such an important part of Cyberhound. He was a very special boy and I can't thank you enough for sharing him with us for all these years.

Barb

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
RIP, Francis.
Thinking of you...I know how hard it is.
Amy

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Oh my, another of our sweet friends gone. I am so, so sorry...I do know that pain all to well. At least he was able to leave this world with you by his side. He had a good life and always remember the happy times with him...find peace in them.

All our love,
Molly, Winston, and Michelle

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
Great big hug for you. I’m soooo very sorry about your loss and pain that you’re in. I got the call today that I could go pick up my baby and a very wise woman told me something that I’m not ready to do yet, but thought I would share with you. “Remember not the last day – remember the best days”

I can just see your little Franny running the fields with my Flasher – God bless all the little guys and gals we lose – no matter how much time we have with them – it would never be enough.

Hugs,
Jennifer

·
Registered
209 Posts
"He was my life, my domestic partner, my significant other. I ache, I want, I hurt but now he can see and sniff around to his heart's content and I just have to give him back to God's care."

So sorry to hear of your loss of Francis, I understand how it hurts, take care!

·
Registered
415 Posts
My heart aches for you with the loss of your dear Franny. I've always been especially sensitive when these things happen and having just lost my Noonie a few months I know how you must be feeling. It does and will get easier with the passing of time. Hold onto the happy memories. May Franny forever frolic at the Rainbow Bridge with the rest of our beloved hounds.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
I just read this and I have tears in my eyes as I'm typing. I feel like I knew Francis because of all your stories about him over the years. After he lost his sight to glaucoma, you helped so many people by posting about that disease and living with a blind hound. He was such a major part of Cyberhound; his passing leaves a huge hole on this forum. I know you are in pain right now, and want you to know that you are in my thoughts. Peace.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Dear Francis' Bevy (creative name, btw! now i get it),

Sorry to lose Francis, he was a special boy and you paid him highest compliments in your post. We will miss him on the forum here. Sounds like it happened quite quickly, am glad there was no prolonged suffering for Francis.

i'm sending you one of our fav songs. we went to see the Beach Boys this past weekend and thought of you with this song. it's not all relevant, but love the line they repeat over and over again "God only knows what i'd be without you," and love the way they do it. and the album cover is apropos too.
--Worm

1 - 20 of 26 Posts