Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since puppyhood Francis has always been crazy when I took baths. He'd take my slippers when he left the bathroom and then parade with them back and forth in front of the bathroom door. I'd always yell at him to return them but he never did. Last night I took one of my precious baths (I swear they're my hydro-Valium) and Francis sauntered in to check out the local action. When he left he took a slipper but I kept quiet. A minute later he came in and took the second slipper and I still kept my mouth shut. He paraded up and down the hallway in front of the bathroom door with both slippers in his mouth, so I just kept on reading but I was smiling so wide it hurt. (For those who don't know Francis, he's completely blind from canine glaucoma.) Finally, he came into the bathroom, checked to make sure I was still in the tub, and casually sauntered out of the bathroom with that little towel you put over the bathroom mat in his mouth. I started laughing so hard I was crying. He really thought he was so cool with that mat in his mouth.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hahaha! I bet he was either 1) laughing just as hard as you, 2) so happy with himself for making you so happy, and/or 3) thinking that he is the sneakiest little devil. Anyway, you can't help but love him!!! :D

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Our son has always said that Bassets are just clowns in fur costumes. Way to go Francis!! Keep your mom laughing!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Oh, my! That is just the cutest story! How sweet that he loves to play these little games with you. Adorable!

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Francis sounds like quite the character!

~Heather

·
Registered
78 Posts
Wow :lol: what a goofball playing little tricks on you! I used to have a basset hound named freddy he was just awesome. I remember when he was a puppy and we whent to the beach we would go on a walk across the beach and when there were women taning he would go up to them and take there scruches (the thing you put in your hair for women) and then start jolliing with a funny happy expresion and with his long wavy ears! Then he would just start muching on it. But when its time to get it back he'll make a sad frown.!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts