Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all... :D :D

I've got a question about something which is worrying me a little...

My little sweetie, Poppy, over the last couple of weeks or so has been showing fussy tendancies towards food (I KNOW!!! A Bassett being fussy! :blink: :huh: ). I was wondering if anybody else had had any such issues with their woofs (She's 9 months old) and if you know of a solution short of the vet I'd be forever thankful!

I would add some piccies of her so you can all see how much she's grown, but I need to reduce them first, or does anybody know how I can insert them into the text?... :D :rolleyes: She's still got a long way to go yet (am I right in thinking they are fully grown at 1 year?) If so then she's got another 3 1/2 months to go!!

Thanks!
Jaimie & Poppy

·
Registered
76 Posts
Daisy is avery picky eater and it has caused us quite a bit of grief over the past while.

If Poppy has been eating good up til now i would reccomend that you stick it out and just let her know that what is there is all she's getting. Otherwise she'll know that she can get what she wants as soon as she makes a fuss. Going to the vet won't do much good, mine just told me to try a bunch of different brands until we found one that Daisy liked.

In my situation, it turned out that Daisy was underweight because she really didn't like her food and didn't care to eat it ( this happend over a long period of time) Since then we've found a food that she likes and she has gained weight, has a nicer coat and no longer vomits on a weekly basis. so the food change was pretty necessary in that case.

I would say it depends on how long Poppy has been picky for.

There is an icon in the tool bar where it allowes you to add the URL of the pic without changing the size (i think it does that for you) Its the icon with a pic of a sunset/hill scene on it.

Yes i do believe they are full grown at one year, can't wait to see the pics! :)

·
Super Moderator
5,042 Posts
It is VERY NORMAL at this age. The dog's growth is slowing and they don't need as much food. They may eat more as they go through growth spurts, less on another day. As long as you are feeding a quality food and the dog is healthy then don't fuss over it, you'll just make the problem worse.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks so much guys! :D It looks like you were both right as she's eaten really well today (Maybe she's going through a growth spirt)... Maybe it was because she was in a mood with me because of the "Doggy Prision" thing... Otherwise known as Kennels!! :rolleyes:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts