Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard about flat bassets before, but only read about it on walks. Dozer has pulled this on me a couple of times, he just goes flat, and it's not from going on walks. Today he did it again, and this is how it happens.

They both are running loose in the backyard and I need to leave, so I put them in their pen. Digger will go right into the pen. Dozer gets about 10 feet away, and drops to the ground and rolls on to his side. As I walk up to him, he rolls to his back. I tried to roll him over, but he just goes limp. I even pick him up and stand him on his feet, and his legs just buckle. Finally after a belly rub and a few minutes of pleading, he'll get up and go to the pen.

My sister didn't know there was such a thing as a flat basset, until she saw it on Animal Planet. Now she knows what I'm talking about.

·
Registered
27 Posts
flat basset

I did not thank there was any such thang as a flat basset too till i seen the same one on A.P. that your sister did. To me Id do that to get that lil bit more attion. right before you go i mean thank of it if you put your self in your dogs feet "theres is cutier" then youd do the same to .

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
That's why I carry kibble in my pocket because Ruby is known for plopping down and not getting up at all. I don't want her to lay in the grass because of her infections right now and she has me trained real well to provide treats for her.

But I did locate the squirt gun today and she knows what it is and came running even tho it didn't have any water in it.

We used to squirt her (don't worry; not in her face) when she was disobeying and not coming in the house when we call her. If we give her a squirt, she'll run in.

A

·
0 Posts
I don't go flat! I just back up really fast with my head up and slip out of my collar. General

·
Registered
71 Posts
General

You are lucky. I can't back out of my harness, no matter how hard I try.

Wilson

The oly time Wilson goes flat is when we try to get him to move off the bed and he doesn't want to. Never when we are out walking, thank heavens.

Susan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts