1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here is the inverse to the "laying on their backs" thread
let's see some flat bassets
I'll start
(the caption to this should be ***SPLAT***)

·
Registered
86 Posts
I LOVE it when Molly goes flat! But for some reason don't have any pics of that. I need to be better about snapping pictures of my baby! :)

·
Registered
761 Posts
Virga does this as well! I don't have any pictures of it but she does do it. We call it "Y dog". Doppler doesn't really do it that often. I think it's because of his man parts. In fact, as I'm typing this she's laying like it trying to get Doppler to play with her.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I LOVE it when Molly goes flat! But for some reason don't have any pics of that. I need to be better about snapping pictures of my baby! :)

i don't believe you're alone in that. conversely, i could certainly be the single-most documented dog in history.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Annie is very good at the flat basset pose as well :)

Esther, you and Annie could compete for most photographically documented dogs LOL. I even just had a small "brag book" made up of pictures of her. I.AM.OBSESSED.WITH.MY.BASSET

·
Registered
972 Posts
and i thought i was obsessed with snapping pics of bowser! i actually think this may be a pose i don't have. maybe it's a female basset thing. he never lays them out flat (but my girl beagle daisy does all the time)...instead bowser just hinges down or up on them like his legs are attached to the ground but he just leans his body down or up.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I get a version of this each morning when I leave for work. As soon as my sunglasses go on (how can she see that far?!), she becomes flat on her back basset. She gives me the tummy to pet and looks extra sad when I stop. It is so hard to resist. I have been late to a meeting because of it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Again, no pics but olive loves to go flat basset. We call it chicken butt due to the fact that from the hip down she looks a bit like a raw chicken.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
@Jaleely-- dunno, as Worm has always been flat basset too, with and w/out his family jewels... i'll have to see if i have good pic of him. i don't have any w/him on his back even tho he does that. hmmm.... not enough documentation i guess!

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Again, no pics but olive loves to go flat basset. We call it chicken butt due to the fact that from the hip down she looks a bit like a raw chicken.

that is it exactly. lulu's picture look like chicken legs.

mmmmmmmm chicken...

·
Registered
25 Posts
I can honestly say I've never seen Berkley do this. I had no idea what the flat basset was when I clicked on this thread. Berk does the hinge thing though. He's like one of those toys, when you press the button he collapses lol. It may be a predominately female thing

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Boomer will go flat basset, but I haven't taken a picture of him... yet!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts