Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Flash's best friend, Grover, went to the Rainbow Bridge Monday morning; he had had a stroke Saturday morning and then developed congestive heart failure Sunday night. He was 15 years, 7 months and 24 days old. He leaves to mourn him his bestest buddy, Flash, 3 kitties, myself and a multitude of human friends.

Poor Flash is sadder than I've ever seen a dog be....

:(

( Grover on left, Flash on right )

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Condolences to you and your family for your loss. Poor Flash- it's so hard when they lose a companion. I hope he's feeling better soon.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Sorry for your loss, it is tough to lose a family member. =(

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Thinking of you and so sorry about Grover.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you!

Thank you, folks! We're both doing better. The kitties have been working overtime at being sweet to and playing with Flash. I don't think they understand why he's so sad, but know that he is and are doing their best to cheer him up.

:)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update

Flash is doing much better. His major improvement began, oddly enough, the day I picked up Grover's ashes from the vet. When I brought them home, I showed the urn to Flash and told him that it was Grover. He sniffed it, put his paw on it and gave a big sigh while wagging his tail slowly...

Did he actually know, or was he reacting to hearing Grover's name? Either way, it was the darnedest thig I've ever seen a dog do. Nonetheless, his normally sunny disposition began returning almost immediately afterwards.

:confused:

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Glad to hear Flash is feeling better. RIP, Grover. You know, it has been nearly 4 years since Sadie went to the Bridge & Spencer still knows her name. If I ask him "Where's Sadie?" He'll perk up & look out the window. They move on, but they don't forget. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts