Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am soon to be a basset hound owner for the first time to a little boy named Echo. He was born May 4th so he wont be ready to go for a little while, But i figured now that i found an awesome site i can start learning and reading more about them. I have been reading up on them alot but i also think its a good idea to read up with owners who have them already and their babies :) My Boyfriends Idea to get one and now i wouldnt change it.I have always liked them and thought they were cool but i never owned one before as my boyfriend has, He made me go looking to find one but he didn't just want one he wanted a blue cause thats what his last one was...after all this time looking i found him,and he is perfect :) Here are a few pics of Echo ..I hope to learn alot from this site and ill post pics as he grows as well if that okay with all of you :D Thanks Echos momma

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Oooh, we LOVE basset puppy pictures! Keep 'em comin! Congrats on your new puppy. It's an amazing breed and you'll be addicted before you know it. This site is a fantastic resource with great, helpful people. Welcome aboard!

·
Super Moderator
5,042 Posts
Since you're in the area, you may want to check out the Basset Hound Club of Canada's specialty show which will be held on Saturday June 5th in Caledonia. You can check out their website for more info.

Also, the weekend before that, Basset Hound Rescue of Ontario will be holding their annual Basset Bustle, so again lots of opportunity to see a lot of bassets and meet their owners. I'm not sure the exact location, but I know it's also in your area. Their website will have more info. I'll try to post links later.

·
Registered
761 Posts
So cute and so teeny! I love dogs with blue coats. Love love love it! Please post more pictures as you get them.

This breed is a fantastic breed. I never owned a basset before but my husband had one growing up too. We got Doppler even though we were told he was a basset/beagle mix. The lady was wrong but there's nothing that would have made me give him up once I decided on him. Virga is the first purebred basset I've personally owned. She's an utter and complete mess but she definitely completes our family. Gives Doppler someone to romp with which was the whole point to begin with! I think you'll find (as have a lot of people on this forum me included) that one isn't enough and you might end up getting another one. They're very social dogs.

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new blue pup.

·
Registered
761 Posts
What?! It's true! She's a clown. She keeps us laughing all day.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I LOVE this :)
yes. That's what they say about me--being so mischeivous but being the component that completed the family.

Today they were organizing the cards received after humanz lost their first two hounds early this year and kinda down at the mouth and gave me more kisses than normal.

No bacon tho. Pft.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Momma says I'm ornery, too. And I fit right in with the family.

No bacon, Esther? Bacon is one of the food groups! Mmmmm, bacon...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you for all the warm welcoming.. I love him already and i cant wait until he is home...I'll make sure i post lots of pics

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Nothing is cuter than a basset that runs to the door to greet you when you get home. And nothing is sweeter than a squishy basset puppy. Just wait...you'll see.

And I second that sentiment that you'll end up with another one before you know it. That's how we ended up with Winston. You want to talk about an ornery 3 month old!

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Squishy, I think someone here has a hound by that name. Very fitting, tho!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Awwwe! too cute!! He shares his bday with mine and my husband's anniversary!!

Congrats and welcome to the site! You will find a lot of great info and people here.
Bernie sends lots of drool your way!
Definitely looking forward to more puppy pics!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts