Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys! I got my Winona 6 weeks ago and she has barely gain 3 pounds since I got her. She is currently 10.2lbs and 13 weeks. After talking with the vet we decided to double what I was feeding her but she still has not gained weight. I was just wondering what bassets usually weigh when they are 3 months old?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
It depends a lot on the Basset and the bloodline, what is a normal weight for one pup could be very over or under weight for another. She looks like she is going to be fairly small for a Basset. Did your vet think she is underweight?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It depends a lot on the Basset and the bloodline, what is a normal weight for one pup could be very over or under weight for another. She looks like she is going to be fairly small for a Basset. Did your vet think she is underweight?

He said she was a little underweight but nothing to be worried about. She’s very active and always running around and he said with how active puppies can be, sometimes they’re underweight. She’s only a couple pounds underweight he said. This is my first basset hound so I was just seeing what others had experienced!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,872 Posts
for example in one litter we had smallest dog as an adult uper 30's largest over 100 so physical weight is not a good measure of body condition you need to look else where than the scale in evaluating For a puppy being under weight is better than over weight long term. overweight is associated with orthopedic issue

see https://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-feeding-tips/dog-ideal-weight/

·
Registered
12,872 Posts
see https://www.basset.net/boards/general-basset-hound-discussion/53321-photo-stacking-hermione-fuego-litter.html puppy's at 13 weeks

Diamond and Hazel low 40's adults others mid 50"s to 60+

1 - 5 of 5 Posts