Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2 (like everyone's here) have their favorite toys. Lily is obsessive over her hot dog given to her by my father who didn't want her in the first place (I will add that he now adores her). She takes her hot dog everywhere and becomes a very unhappy doggie if she can't find her hot dog. I will add she was giving me an evil eye when I was trying to take these pictures. Gibbs when we got him didn't exactly know what toys were all about. He is slowly learning and has taken to this toy pig. Here are pics of my dogs with their favorite toys. Post your pics of your dogs with their favorite toys...

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o292/2h...rtietoys008.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o292/2h...rtietoys007.jpg

~Heather

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Spencer has a gray bunny that he loves. He is so funny with it. Everyday I take him to my Mom's house when I go to work. He grabs his bunny & carries it to her house. He likes to sleep with it & knows the word "bunny." I can say "Go get bunny" & he will run around looking for it.

Sadie was not nearly so attached to toys, but she did like a pink bear she had. She used to lay in bed & nibble on it. It sits atop her urn now.

·
Registered
511 Posts
My two have one favorite "chew" toy, and it's each other. :lol: :lol: And from one of my other posts, you can see that sometimes Dozer tries to get his "toy" to play.
Acting goofy
Dozer does like to throw his ball once in a while (he throws it, I don't), but he would rather chew on a bone. Plush toys don't have a chance around here, but they do have a few hard rubber toys that seem to last. (because they hardly play with them) I also gave up on ropes. They had one for several months, but when they found out they could rip it to pieces, the second one only lasted an hour.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Woodrow LOVES his hot dog toy that he got a couple of weeks ago.

However, the other day Target had all of their Woolrich plush doggie toys on clearance for $2 a piece, and I got him a buffalo. He has definitely taken a liking to it, and around our household we now refer to it as Woodrow's "Buffie".

·
Registered
782 Posts
Francis has his "Baby" which is a totally vile, smelly squeaky toy in the vaque shape of a squirrel complete with fuzzy tail. It's lasted 2-3 years and Francis uses it as his security toy and it goes everywhere we go.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts

This is Bogie's favorite toy that was made by our neighbor and given to Bogie for Christmas.
It's made from the long scraps she had left from the tied fleece blankets she made. She
just plaited the long strips together and knotted it on each end and in the middle. Bogie
loves to lead you around with it, play tug-of-war, and we roll it up like a big knotted ball
and throw it. He'll chase after it, and then work with it until he gets it unknotted, shakes
it to death, and proudly comes trotting back dragging it. Then he's ready to go again.
A very neat and easy to make toy.

·
Registered
417 Posts
These are Scully's 2 favorite toys of the moment......

....and as you can see, she's thoroughly amused. :rolleyes:

Scully is much like Ruby in that she really doesn't feel the need to play with toys anymore. This pretty much sums up what she thinks about most of the toys we buy her...

·
Registered
775 Posts
Rusty has that same toy that's over Scully's eye! He LOVES it. I love the sound of the double squeak!! Your Scully really does look like my precious Maggie Mae (ATB). I smile everytime I see that face!

·
Registered
535 Posts
This little blue bear is the favorite around here right now. They all fight over it, but Max being the big brute he is usually ends up with it and then tortures Sadie & Lita with it by shoving it in their faces as if to say "ha ha I got it".

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Moe's favorite toy is a stuffed hedgehog that grunts. When he plays fetch each night after dinner, it has to be with his hedgehog. His old favorite was a cheap rubber ball with dog footprints all over it (bought for $1 at Job Lot). He still likes it but not as much as the hedgehog.

Tally has a little moose squeaky toy (she also has a bunny, an elephant, a duck, a mouse, and a raccoon from the same company but only the moose will do). This version of the moose is her fourth. She gets the top of it's head in her mouth (where the squeaky is located) and will squeak away till she falls asleep with it in her mouth, looking much like a roasted pig with an apple in it's mouth. :lol: She will not fall asleep any other way. Sometimes as she's dozing off, she will give her moose a gentle nudge off the couch or bed. The top of it's head is pointy from her squeezing it. When she's excited she runs for her moose and races all about the house or yard with it. It must go with her everywhere. She's an odd little creature... ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts