Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a pic of my "Fatty Flattie". Tiggy is 14 years old and gets plenty of treats and rest. I know it is not good for dogs to be overweight (just like people!), but at age 14 she can have whatever she wants!

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Yep Tiggy...when you reach the age of retirement you can whatever you want whenever you want :) Especially when you are THAT cute!

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Awww. She looks so sweet. My boy Spencer went to the Bridge at age 14. I love their senior years. Her white little face reminds me of him.

·
Registered
972 Posts
hey tiggy isn't fat!!!! but yeah, she should have whatever she wants ;) although you know at daphneyland.com the basset daphney is 17! and the adopted out a basset who was 18!!! so she may have a while yet!

·
Registered
761 Posts
She's so sweet looking! Virga lays like that too and always makes people laugh when she does. I wonder if it's a female thing. Doppler never lays like that. And I agree...at 14 she can have whatever she wants. Here's to many more Tiggy! ?Love the name btw.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
haha, melikes to lay like that too. Welikes that 1st pic of u, Tiggy, u have such a nice expression :) so impressed that bassets are still flat-basseting in older age. it makes us very cute.
--Worm

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Now that Lightning is in his advanced years (I can't believe he's old!), he doesn't lay like that anymore. I miss it. And Miss Tiggy isn't fat! That last picture of her isn't taken from the most flattering angle, I must say, but she looks very healthy and happy.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
There is something so very special about an older dog. While the younger ones are more of a challenge and demanding, the older ones seem so gentle and happy with anything that you do for them. We people need to learn a lesson from them.;)

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
That's what my 89 year old mom told the doctor when he told her she should eat something besides cheese and crackers, that she was old enough to eat whatever she wanted to, and she didn't take advice from kids younger than her grandchildren.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
That's what my 89 year old mom told the doctor when he told her she should eat something besides cheese and crackers, that she was old enough to eat whatever she wanted to, and she didn't take advice from kids younger than her grandchildren.

I think I'm in love with your mom!

Seriously (?), that is a great attitude, and she is totally correct on it. I don't know why doctors worry so much about what older people are eating, as long as they are eating.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
O.K, Tiggy insists that I apologize for saying she is fat. She also wants everyone to know that she is not fat, she just has a lot of loose skin and thick fur!! :) She can be pretty bossy sometimes!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts