Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all!
We are hoping to find a BH who will fit into our lifestyle here in beautiful Newbury Park. Im a stay at home mom, we own a house, decent yard, have an 8 yr old little girl.
We have one dog, whom we rescued a year ago, a VERY MELLOW 6 year old retired breeder Lhasa Apso, and we think, but of course dont know for sure, but we think a BH is the perfect second dog for us.

We have an app in with one local group and are hopeful!
Wish us luck please!
And feel free to contact me at [email protected] gmail with any leads!

( I cant believe I spelled 'family' wrong in the subject and now cant change it, Im embarrassed!)

·
Registered
160 Posts
There's also a great rescue with about 100 basset hounds called Daphneyland, and they're in Acton, Ca if it doesn't work out with the other rescue. So many to choose from. Thanks for rescuing :)

·
Registered
973 Posts
Have you tried searching at non-breed specific rescues and shelters? Anabelle went through a couple different rescues before we adopted her, neither were basset specific. Good luck with your search and I'm looking forward to pictures when you get him or her ;)

·
Registered
160 Posts
Dawn Smith | Facebook daphneyland is one i've kept an eye on for when we have a house and can adopt more : )

I want to see more bassets in SoCal! : )
You should go check her out. I've volunteered there and it's super fun. She always has over 100...that's the sad part. They are no kill, and even though $$ wise she's always low she spares no expense when it comes to the hounds :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts