Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all!
We are hoping to find a BH who will fit into our lifestyle here in beautiful Newbury Park. Im a stay at home mom, we own a house, decent yard, have an 8 yr old little girl.
We have one dog, whom we rescued a year ago, a VERY MELLOW 6 year old retired breeder Lhasa Apso, and we think, but of course dont know for sure, but we think a BH is the perfect second dog for us.

We have an app in with one local group and are hopeful!
Wish us luck please!
And feel free to contact me at [email protected] gmail with any leads!

( I cant believe I spelled 'family' wrong in the subject and now cant change it, Im embarrassed!)

·
Registered
973 Posts
Have you tried searching at non-breed specific rescues and shelters? Anabelle went through a couple different rescues before we adopted her, neither were basset specific. Good luck with your search and I'm looking forward to pictures when you get him or her ;)

·
Registered
160 Posts
Dawn Smith | Facebook daphneyland is one i've kept an eye on for when we have a house and can adopt more : )

I want to see more bassets in SoCal! : )
You should go check her out. I've volunteered there and it's super fun. She always has over 100...that's the sad part. They are no kill, and even though $$ wise she's always low she spares no expense when it comes to the hounds :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.