Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure what happened to Noonie, but one of his eyes seems to have rolled back in his head. It's not all the way back though and he doesn't seem to be in any discomfort. Has this happened to anyone else?

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
Sounds like the third eyelid (nictitating membrane) is up. This usually signals injury, irritation or other pathology. Would suggest having him seen by a vet at your earliest opportunity for a pressure check to rule out glaucoma and additional evaluation. Wishing Noonie the best. :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm not sure what happened to Noonie, but one of his eyes seems to have rolled back in his head. It's not all the way back though and he doesn't seem to be in any discomfort. Has this happened to anyone else?[/b]
The same thing happened to my basset, Cassie last summer. I came home from work and I could not see her eye, I took her immediately to the vet. After a long list of tests (lab work, x-rays), which all came out clear, she said it was a result of some sort of muscle strain in her neck.(For the life of me, I cannot imagine how she could have strained it, but the vet said something as simple as jumping on the couch, could have done it) She was put on an antibiotic and eye cream for two weeks, but it took at least six months for it to finally look normal again. Hope this helps!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts