Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone: I'm new to this forum. I have a bassett hound named "Angel." She is 9 years of age. She is adoreable. She had an enucleation (removal of the right eye, due to chronic glaucoma) done at the end of January. She has since developed a cyst, due to complications from the surgery. She now has to get the cyst removed, surgically, which means they have to go in and open up the eye and remove the cyst and sew her eye back up. I hate having to put her under anesthesia again. Apparently, the opthamologist said that it is very rare for a dog to develop a cyst on her eye after the eye surgery. Does anyone have information or experience with this situation????
Thank you for any responses. Cheryl

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Cindy for thinking of Angel. Her surgery will be in 2 1/2 weeks. I would post a picture, but don't know how.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Cheryl, I copied this from another post about posting pics--try it, and see if it works for you!

1. Go to a site like www.photobucket.com and create a (free) account.

2. Upload your pictures. The website will explain how to do this.

3. Next, copy the picture's URL. Each picture has a different one, and it will say URL underneath of it... don't copy "image." Copy the URL.

4. Create your post on cyberhound. Underneath where you type your message there's a section called "Instant UBB Code." Click on "image." Then paste the URL into that box. HINT: The box will say "http" already. Erase that and then paste your URL (which already has http at the beginning).

A

·
0 Posts
My Franny has also had an enucleation and while (thank God)he has had no complications, another of our friend's dog had the same problem you describe. The only differnece is that he elected not to put a prosthesis in his dog's eye while I did. His dog had the second surgery and it's been a year now with no complications. He's happy and healthy and driving Francis nuts at the Arboretum. (He's a lot younger than Fran and still hyper)
Good Luck, dear. I know it's a horrible feeling but your heart will guide you on this.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for the words of encouragement Beverly. I'm glad to hear that your Francis and your friend's bassett are doing well after their enucleation. Angel did get a prosthesis put in during the enucleation (just so the eye would not cave in) but her eye is sewn up. We have scheduled the surgery in two weeks and I pray that she will be okay. She is such a good girl and very happy.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi everyone:

I took Angel to my regular vet and he decided to drain the cyst on Angel's eye (she developed this cyst after the enucleation). He drew like a clear fluid out of it. It has since grown back. She may have to get it removed eventually, but for now, they may be able to drain it a few more times. You just hate to put your dog under anesthesia just to get a cyst removed if they can remove it themselves?

·
Registered
274 Posts
I have no info either but am sorry to hear of your troubles. We will think healing thoughts for Angel!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts