Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bassett hound, Angel, had an enucleation (removal of the eye due to chronic glaucoma)at the end of January. She has since developed a cyst on the lid and the opthamologist wants to go back in and remove the cyst. They said it is rare that she developed a cyst after the surgery. I hate having to put Angel through anesthesia again, but it is the only way to remove the cysts. Has anyone been through this before? Any answers would be helpful! Thanks much!

[ March 15, 2005, 02:20 PM: Message edited by: cheryl ]

A

·
0 Posts
sorry to hear that is it necessary to remove it?

my dog has a cyst IN his eye and the eye dr said it was ok to stay

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The veterinarian said that the cyst was a complication from the surgery and that it needs to be removed because it could become absessed. He said it is a blood filled or fluid filled cyst from the surgery. I know she has a few other cysts on her body that are okay to stay. For some reason, they said if they drained it, that it would come back. Where is your dog's cyst located at on the eye?

A

·
0 Posts
sorry i guess very different my dog has a cyst IN HIS EYE IT LOOKS LIKE A FRECKLE, right on the pupil my vet wasn't sure what it was, so we went to the eye dr who sais it was benign cyst it's been there a few years now, and doesn't bother him good luck w/ your guy. if it makes you feel better, I have my guy's teeth cleaned pretty regularly and have never had a problem w/ the anethestia Good Luck

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you very much for your answers. It does make me feel better that your bassett goes under anesthesia regularly due to teeth cleaning. Yes, our bassett's do have different eye problems. Thanks for your help though!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts