Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a new basset! We missed Ester SO much, we decided not to wait, and found Miss Trudy......she was a rescue in NY....so lots of talking and a long road trip and she is home. She is at the vet's today for a spay, dental and chipping.....am thinking of an expen to contain her a bit. She is VERY active, and LEAPS on the couch and climbs onto the back and LEAPS down.....we have a large crate, but am thinking an expen will allow her a little more movement. Any advice? THANKS

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
We got our boy a pet gate almost but it's a semicircle that screws into the walls on both sides. We keep it in the corner of the living room in front of the sliding glass door so he can still look out and watch the cats outside. We got it at petsmart. We call it his castle and Walter loves going in there because its his piece of the house. Let me see if I can upload a picture.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That sounds like a neat set up, but following sister's advice, I went for the 36" pen, tallest one they had in stock....hopefully this will keep her happier than a crate, and HOPEFULLY she won't try to climb out.....cone and all....thinking I may be sleeping in the living room a couple of nights.....

·
Registered
12,903 Posts
We have trouble with a a number of ours and x-pens more so outside than in. !. the can lift and crawl under or If not secured to something more stable they can knock them over

What we have that does work so far (3years +) is https://www.amazon.com/BestPet-Heavy-Playpen-Exercise-40-Inch/dp/B003XU3XE4

best pet is better than some of the cheaper or same prices Knockoff on ebay but often you can find Best pet on ebay cheaper than amazon we use 4 ft high

attached is the setup when we had puppies with the Pen attached to an Extra large crate so the Puppies had even more room. Also because we have multiple pens would configured the Puppy pen using more panels than a single pen.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts