Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have been on our own well for years (grandfathered in), but the well finally went kaput, and today the plumber is getting us connected to city water.

Boomer is beside himself with excitement; "Yay! Company!"

This picture is of him looking out the front door watching the backhoe tear up our lawn (sob).

Attachments

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Break time already?

Ok guys, get back to work!

It's hard work being a supervisor.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wish momma would let me dig a hole this big.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Will Boomer be drinking the new water?

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You betchum, dreamons. I will miss our good tasting well water, tho. However, I won't miss the low water pressure. You could literally only do one thing at a time. Run the washer, you can't run the dishwasher, etc. Took a long time to do one load of laundry, as the pressure went low about halfway thru filling up.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow, all that supervising is hard work. Time for a nap!

Hey momma, the guys left for a while, let's go look at the big hole!

Hey, this is pretty neat! Gosh, mom, don't pull on my leash so hard, I won't fall in!

Ok, I'm tired of looking at dirt and the holes, I think I'll play with momma's yarn for a while.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Boomer is so funny. You know he's just dying to get out into the yard and get in the new dirt. He'd probably also add a couple of feet to it. Does he bark all day out the window or just watch? If he just watches without barking that's amazing. And yay for high water pressure!!!

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
What cute pics, Boomer! I am jealous and wishing I could see the big hole too (my day hasn't been half as exciting...) I see the nice blankie ur momma knit for you. --Worm

ps. my momma says be careful if you jump on and off the couch. their last dog a wienie dog used to do that all the time but then got some back problems. so then they made him use stairs. for me, i'm not allowed to jump down off the couch, even tho it's low. i have to take the fuzzy steps ($20 or 30 at Petco...?)...

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Doppler and Virga's mommy! I watched a lot, but barked a lot, too, I wanted the people outside to come and play with me. One of the guys that was setting up stuff in the basement would stop on his way thru and give me scritches. Momma says it's a good thing my pen is on the other side, or I would be in that dirt really fast!

Hi Worm, I wish you could have been here! We would have had a really fun day at my house, and I have lots of treats here to share. Momma said something about going to the funny farm, boy, wouldn't that be great!

I'll tell momma about the couch jumping. Ours is pretty low, but don't think she wants me to hurt my back, so maybe dad can make me some steps. He's pretty good at building stuff like that.

I'm really tired now, so I'm gonna go take a nap now.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Boomer, now you have a big dirt mound in your yard, just like Molly and Winston! We had our sewer line replaced last fall and have a line of dirt through our back yard. So much fun on rainy days :(

·
Registered
972 Posts
lol, cute!
Oh yeah that's some dirty muddy paws waiting to happen!! And my parents paid 1400 dollars 11 years ago to fix a weenie dog back...i'm constantly worried about bowsers, he refuses to use the doggy stairs on the bed! So annoying! at least he "lets" me lift him down in the morning..lol

·
Registered
42 Posts
I wonder if Boomer will like the water. I took my dogs with me for the day to my sisters for Easter. She has well water. My dogs flat out refused to drink it. They kept looking at the bowls, sniffing suspiciously, looking at it like "This is not water..." and walking away til we gave them some bottled. SNOBS!

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Boomer says the new water tastes fine, he's just happy there is water in his dish.

You're welcome, Annie! Boomer was really tired last night, and slept well. Right now, he's trying to get a Victoria's Secret catalog off the kitchen table. I don't want to know what kind of excitement he's after today.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
He has dirty paw tracks all over the kitchen, but it's from his muddy pen. We've had rain, and he tracks it all over. I need to find some scrap carpet to put down.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Those picts are so darn cute.....we had septic issues earlier this spring and the guys were fixing a pump right outside the back door....Woody made sure each one noticed and played with him before he would just settle and watch.....and I hear you about the rain...our back quarter of the property is flooded and ducks have been swimming in it for a few days now...which is good since Woody stays away when the ducks are there.....he is scared of geese and the ducks..must be the stick legs....LOL

thanks so much for sharing,

Woody and his mom

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Boomer says the new water tastes fine, he's just happy there is water in his dish.

You're welcome, Annie! Boomer was really tired last night, and slept well. Right now, he's trying to get a Victoria's Secret catalog off the kitchen table. I don't want to know what kind of excitement he's after today.
I KNOW!! :p
I wish my momma would have Victoria's Secret catalogs around, too. but we don't. poo. Lucky Boomer.
--Worm

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Hi Doppler and Virga's mommy! I watched a lot, but barked a lot, too, I wanted the people outside to come and play with me. One of the guys that was setting up stuff in the basement would stop on his way thru and give me scritches. Momma says it's a good thing my pen is on the other side, or I would be in that dirt really fast!

Hi Worm, I wish you could have been here! We would have had a really fun day at my house, and I have lots of treats here to share. Momma said something about going to the funny farm, boy, wouldn't that be great!

I'll tell momma about the couch jumping. Ours is pretty low, but don't think she wants me to hurt my back, so maybe dad can make me some steps. He's pretty good at building stuff like that.

I'm really tired now, so I'm gonna go take a nap now.
Boomer-- you have a cool daddy!! in our opinion, even better than steps are a ramp. we had a carpenter working on other stuff, and he humored us by making a ramp w/carpeting tacked on the top for the wienie dog after his back incident.

Worm has the "as seen on TV" stairs, because no one here can make stuff like that.

·
Registered
616 Posts
He has dirty paw tracks all over the kitchen, but it's from his muddy pen. We've had rain, and he tracks it all over. I need to find some scrap carpet to put down.
We put an old bath towel down by the door where they come in. It long enough to wipe the muddy paws (not caked with mud) and cuts down on muddy prints all over the kitchen.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts