Basset Hounds Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts
Or, when you are preparing dinner for your family, how he moans, whines, and grunts, and then finally lays on the floor with his head IN his empty bowl, moaning and sighing pitifully till you feed him. I heard somewhere that you shouldn't feed you dog before you eat because it shows him he comes first... well, we KNOW who comes first in our house - Moe does - and he knows it too! :rolleyes:
[/b]
Bogie does this, too. The minute I start working in the kitchen he heads to my husband, the soft touch, sits in front o him, stares, moans, trots to the kitchen and repeats until he gets hubby out of the chair headed to the dog food bag. Yep!! He eats first, and I guess we know who comes first in our home, our very spoiled Basset.

Barney used to wait until I left the bedroom before he would move over and steal my spot. Now, he barely waits until I get out of the bed. One morning, I sat up, and paused sitting ont he side of the bed to stretch, yawn, and find a missing slipper. Barney immediately got up and got into my spot, with his head on my pillow - before I even stood up!

The time that Ruby was sleeping on our bed as a puppy, I woke up with her butt on my pillow and she had gas! :blink:

Believe it or not, she doesn't like to be on the bed. If we put her up there, she is anxious and wants to be on the floor.

But every time my husband is outside with Ruby when she has to do #2, she faces him. When I'm out there with her for her #2, her butt is facing me.

The heiarchy in Ruby's mind in this household is her daddy is alpha, then Ruby and then her servant/mommy/ME! :lol: :p :lol:

You feed them a big, healthy dinner and they still want to go out and eat poop?
[/b]

Monty gets the best food on the market, but still come hell or high water when i want to eat my dinner he barks at me!!!!! And don't even think of telling him NO! he will go all out with a vengence after that!!!!!!! :D

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.